PDA

View Full Version : RADOMANS X-BLOCK LSR s.o.s. find..

mauser99
03-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Here are some shots of the JPS assembled X block LSR .. Serial # 2572X with mount # 2574X These two items were purchased from two different people at the show both from rural ohio.. The odds are slim to none. The rifle had a W range mount with the dkl scope pictured with the phosphated artic sunshade..Amazing it stayed together all these years. Bought directly from the vets family walking the show.. All the guys who were there were told the story..:facepalm:

Condition is near new and apears unfired..The stock surcame to some soot damage after surviving two house fires.. Im not sure it would of been originally stained or not..

mike radford
03-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Fantastic rifle. Love it. Reminds me of mine. Thanks for posting. Congratulations to Mike on the finds, scope and rifle.

Bigdibbs88
03-22-2012, 10:34 PM
outstanding! never get sick of seeing these :thumbsup:

the mount numbering is just a numbering error and not coincidence i assume...

Dave Roberts
03-23-2012, 12:53 AM
I had the opportunity to see this LSR at the SOS Show , Mike let Inspect it in Hand and it is one Very Nice Sauer LSR , I can say it is even more eye catching in Hand . Best Regards

BSW 1937
03-23-2012, 04:20 AM
Thank you for sharing these pictures.
:thumbsup:

vaughn99
03-23-2012, 09:47 PM
hello,

mauser99 its 2572, makes it even better with only 2 digits off!!!!!

later
vaughn

mauser99
03-24-2012, 08:18 AM
sorry, thanks for the correction,,, Yes the mount was only 2 didgits off... I almost shit when the guy told me over the phone what the serial number was..Serial # 2571x is in france or germany somewhere..As vintagescope posted it... Great stuff !!

hello,

mauser99 its 2572, makes it even better with only 2 digits off!!!!!

later
vaughn

mauser99
03-24-2012, 08:21 AM
as I said the rifle had a w range mount on it. The other was bought later.. But from a guy in Ohio. And the rifle came rfrom Ohio.. I wasnt able to get the mount till a week or so later. But the deal was aranged at the sos..

outstanding! never get sick of seeing these :thumbsup:

the mount numbering is just a numbering error and not coincidence i assume...

Bigdibbs88
03-24-2012, 09:53 AM
as I said the rifle had a w range mount on it. The other was bought later.. But from a guy in Ohio. And the rifle came rfrom Ohio.. I wasnt able to get the mount till a week or so later. But the deal was aranged at the sos..

wow thats a cool story!

Hercules
03-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Here are some shots of the JPS assembled X block LSR .. Serial # 2572X with mount # 2574X These two items were purchased from two different people at the show both from rural ohio.. The odds are slim to none. The rifle had a W range mount with the dkl scope pictured with the phosphated artic sunshade..Amazing it stayed together all these years. Bought directly from the vets family walking the show.. All the guys who were there were told the story.

Condition is near new and apears unfired..The stock surcame to some soot damage after surviving two house fires.. Im not sure it would of been originally stained or not..

Nice Rifle and Story. Thanks for posting.

Hercules
09-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Radoman,

Does this rifle have a C stock? Thanks.

Brian

RADOMMAN
09-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Brian Its a C stock. Mike