Third Party Press

Wanted to buy in line double claw bases for the rings

Mr Haney

hI
i HAVE ASET OF gEW 98 SNIPER RINGS AND i AM LOOKING ORIGINAL BASES FOR THEM.
THE RINGS ARE DOUBLE CLAW AND IT IS THE TYPE IN LINE OVER THE BORE.
pLEASE DROP ME A LINE IF YOU CAN BE OF HELP.
bEST REGARDS
bOB

Attachments

• rings,my sniper, ink 001.jpg
    rings,my sniper, ink 001.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 25
  • rings,my sniper, ink 002.jpg
    rings,my sniper, ink 002.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 21
  • rings,my sniper, ink 003.jpg
    rings,my sniper, ink 003.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 19
  • rings,my sniper, ink 004.jpg
    rings,my sniper, ink 004.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 17
  • rings,my sniper, ink 005.jpg
    rings,my sniper, ink 005.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 13
Rings not ww1 sniper rings

Hi
I thank you for letting me know that. Are they post war? commercial? And I would like to know what they are worth because I plan to sell them now
Regards
Bob

Bob
The Rings are Worth about $100 would be more if You had the Bases . Because if someone buys them this person would have better luck to hit the Lottery than find Correct Bases .Sorry to say but that`s the Truth Best Regards

The truth is the best way....

Hi Dave
Oh well I am gald to find out what they are. I would not like to sell them as fake WW1 sniper rings.
I guess I will put them on the for sale forum and price them at $75.00 to a member here
Thanks To One and Alll
Bob

the rings are post WW1 made or sold by August Kinder (AKAH).that type logo was used in the early 1920s.
the chances of locating a set of bases close enough to fit the rings to will be next to impossible.
the claw mounts were originally built up from the bases.the front ring was actually a press fit as new and needed to be pried apart.i have some never used prewar claw mount front rings that look the same but the rings are not interchangable with the bases.the windage blocks on the rear rings were never finished untill the front ring was installed on the rifle and the scope could be lined up.
i had about 75 pounds of new claw mounts and bases and used rings and used bases.only found one used front ring and one used dovetail base that could be fitted together.none of the rear bases were the same height even though they were made similar.
took a double handfull of used rings,that i was going to scrap out,to a show and ended up trading them for a mauser rifle.

Comercial akah rings

Hi Thanks for the information about the period of the AKAH rings and when they were made. I found two set of rings that did fit on two types of Gew sniper bases.
I quess you have to get lucky some time.
Regards
Bob

Military Rifle Journal
Back