PDA

View Full Version : SSR scopes - font of engraving SN

Stana
04-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Hi all,
I discussed about font of SN on SSR scopes with my friend yesterday. He is thinking, that there were only Two types fonts engraving of SN, one of them verticaly and second one sloping.Theory that there were only two person in SS depot for engraving???
I have checked all my SSR scopes and pics in my books and found some differents fonts. Some of them in sloping group and some in verticaly as well.
There are different SSR mount also. HZW type and police type with different position of SN of rifle and fonts also.
Next question is, if can be use Ajack scope in police type SSR mount? Or only Pecar scope?
I add pics of my scopes and another pics are in Spielauer book,Senich book and Law book.
What are you thinking about it?
All opinion are welcome
Stan

mauser99
04-01-2012, 08:24 AM
well stan, as these were hand applied and everyones hand writing is different. I see no reason why that you conclusion wouldnt hold water..

Stana
04-01-2012, 09:40 AM
For good understanding what I wrote about.
There are some doubts that different fonts could be not real SSR scopes.
I agree that hand writing is different. But I would like to know another opinion.
There are different types fonts on mounts also. I suppose that there were different depots where were assembled
SS sniper rifles.
Stan

Dave Roberts
04-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Stana
I believe we spoke about this exact subject a while back , because someone had Expressed Concern about the Fonts on an SS Scope & Mount . I believe You Yourself answered this when You you Compared a Good Number of SS Scopes & Mounts that in fact we new were 100% Originals and there is in Fact a Few types of different Stamped Typed Fonts . As for the So called Hand Engraved that I believe is a bit harder to determine and may never know for certain if this type was Free Hand Engraved or a Pattern Hand Engraving.
One thing that is for sure there was block type numbers and stylized numbers . Best Regards