15.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 000_1309.JPG
    000_1309.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 000_1310.JPG
    000_1310.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 34
Bayos

I really need to learn more about these bayos...lots of interesting stuff I have been missing.. Never saw a mark like that before and probably never looked in that location. Interesting stuff as usual Bill. :thumbsup:

Curious that they marked their bayonets but evidently did not mark their firearms.
BTW, the RLM stamps do not seem to have been consistently applied to one particular location.

Hello,

the RLM marked bayontes belongs not to the "early or a hidden Luftwaffe". I often ask who create such kind of storys with any proof or inverstigations... and others believe this.

Informations aobout german organistions are imported. Die "Hidden Luftwaffe" was the DLV (Deutscher Luftsportverband). They use knifes and daggers but no Bayontes.

After the Luftwaffe was introduced in 1935, it was a Part of the Wehrmacht. Small arms were issued over the Waffenamt, not the RLM.

The RLM or LS marked bayontes belongs to the Sicherungs- und Hilfsdienst (SHD) of the Luftschutz (L - eagle - S means Luftschutz... not "Luftwaffenschule"... a Luftwaffenschule never exist!! another example of the lack of information about German units or organisation)
The Luftschutz was armed in the Beginning of WWII. The SHD was transformed 1942 in the Luftschutzpolizei. They use also old and captured foreign small arms.

Early examples were not blued. The early ones has RLM markings on the top of the pommel or the crossgured.

Blued ones has RLM markings on the crossgurd, the fleshguard (most in combination with a PW stamp on the crossguard = commojn marking for Polizeiwache) or the blade and the LS Marking n the grossguard.

Also the matching frogs to this bayontes were stamped with RLM and LS. The Production of this frogs were in the years 1941 and 1942 (same time as the Luftschutzpolizei was formed). So IMO the main time of getting this equipment was 1941/42.

Regards

Military Rifle Journal
Back