Third Party Press

Scope flash kill

BSW 1937

Hello,

I own a DVD about snipers and have seen an interesting accessory on a very short sequence, a home made scope flash kill. Have you seen this before?
I think the rifle is a 98k HT.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2012-04-04-19h49m07s9.jpg
    vlcsnap-2012-04-04-19h49m07s9.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 108
  • vlcsnap-2012-04-04-19h44m40s216.jpg
    vlcsnap-2012-04-04-19h44m40s216.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 103
yes,

The is one way to cut the glare down on the outer glass..A glint of light hitting the lense can give away you;re position.. It was highly exaagerated in that horrible movie enemy at the gates..But, it was a play on what really happened between the two snipers.

Hello,

I own a DVD about snipers and have seen an interesting accessory on a very short sequence, a home made scope flash kill. Have you seen this before?
I think the rifle is a 98k HT.

I also have the Sniper DVD , Last Night I was going threw some of the 8 different Parts on You Tube not sure if they are all in the DVD it been a while since I watched it . When going threw the You Tube Parts 1-8 I saw this part it is most probably a BYF 44 HT with Cad also in one of the Parts the was a Sauer HT with DKL . Some here may ask how do I know it `s this Particular set up . I would say I know its a DKL because of placement of front ring and also only Sauer HT had DKL Scopes . Best Regards

I was almost sure it was a CAD scope but I will watch the DVD again to try to spot the Sauer HT.
There is also a G43/ZF4 with such a flash kill if I'm correct.

i have VHS copy of the original training film i bought back in the mid 1980s.the rifle uses a low turret mount.the scope is a commercial type Kahles with the half focus ring.it would be either the Helivier or H/4x60.

i have VHS copy of the original training film i bought back in the mid 1980s.the rifle uses a low turret mount.the scope is a commercial type Kahles with the half focus ring.it would be either the Helivier or H/4x60.

Sorry , But I totally disagree this is why , Commercial Type Kahles Helavier or Commercial H/4X60 Did NOT have a Sunshade and there is NO Half Ring Focus Adjustment.This is without Doubt a Cad or Military Contract H/4X60 . Also if You have Robert Spielauers Book there is a Very Clear Picture of this Exact Photo & Clearly You can see there is NO Focus Ring. There is the typical screw just forward the rear ring that is typical of Cad or Military Contract H/4X60 . I did neglect to mention H/4X60 in earlier Post my mistake . Best Regards

:thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back