PDA

View Full Version : G41(m) Main Screws Compared to K98 with dimensions

gergnotwen
04-08-2012, 04:30 PM
For those who are restoring a G41(m) who are wondering about the difference between the trigger guard to receiver main screws, this ones for you. They are not the same screws and differ in diameter and length. These are from a milled type trigger guard on a late serial numbered rifle, no markings or numbers. Both screws are identical.

GUNHEEP
04-08-2012, 07:46 PM
I was sure k98 trigger guard screws would work...i bought a mint, unmarked set for my project...i figured since it was manufactured in a k98 plant and the new inspector was streemlining production, there would be more use of existing parts...i guess i was incorrect...would g43 screws work? I know they have a different style head...

basile
04-08-2012, 09:45 PM
I was sure k98 trigger guard screws would work...i bought a mint, unmarked set for my project...i figured since it was manufactured in a k98 plant and the new inspector was streemlining production, there would be more use of existing parts...i guess i was incorrect...would g43 screws work? I know they have a different style head...

Find a junk yard with a couple of old VWs sitting in them, the engine and transaxle mounting bolts are identical as far as thread and length. You will have to turn the head down, mill a screw diver cut and mill for locking screw cut outs. After bluing they are perfect. I had a G41 M missing both action screws, now I have a G41M that is complete.

GUNHEEP
04-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Find a junk yard with a couple of old VWs sitting in them, the engine and transaxle mounting bolts are identical as far as thread and length. You will have to turn the head down, mill a screw diver cut and mill for locking screw cut outs. After bluing they are perfect. I had a G41 M missing both action screws, now I have a G41M that is complete.

Are you serious? Or just busting my balls? I have no problem finding the VW...if it is going to be another repro part, at least itbwill be german steel..
Do you have any spare g41(m) parts to sell?

Happy Easter
Andy

basile
04-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Are you serious? Or just busting my balls? I have no problem finding the VW...if it is going to be another repro part, at least itbwill be german steel..
Do you have any spare g41(m) parts to sell?

Happy Easter
Andy

Yes, I am serious, and the bolts on ALL European autos are metric.

GUNHEEP
04-09-2012, 07:05 PM
I understand european autos have meteric screws....i was just curious on those particular the vw screws...i may now have an out..

Thank you
Andy

basile
04-09-2012, 08:53 PM
I understand european autos have meteric screws....i was just curious on those particular the vw screws...i may now have an out..

Thank you
Andy

From Junked Volks Wagen to G41M with some work involved. Take a micrometer with you.