Third Party Press

Luger holster with ship-home labels

Col.Klink

Banned
Luger holster with ship-home labels UPDATED

This is actually a bit of a sad story.... I purchased this Luger holster off of a walk-in at the local Jackson gun show... We got to talking about it, and I asked him where he got it. He told me that he had a Zero series Walther P38 that came in this holster (presumably he bought it from the vet or his family), and that he wanted a real P38 holster to go with it, so he didn't want this one. It has the vet's information on it as well as the P38's serial number. It was really sad to see it get parted from the pistol, but that kind of thing doesn't seem to uncommon.... The little piece of cardboard with the pistols serial number on it was found stuffed down in the spare magazine compartment.

Attachments

• IMGP8510.jpg
    IMGP8510.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMGP8511.jpg
    IMGP8511.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 66
  • IMGP8512.jpg
    IMGP8512.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMGP8513.jpg
    IMGP8513.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMGP8514.jpg
    IMGP8514.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMGP8515.jpg
    IMGP8515.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMGP8516.jpg
    IMGP8516.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMGP8517.jpg
    IMGP8517.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
OMG, why are people so foolish? Why can't they leave well enough alone and enjoy the history of this stuff? No, they have to dick with stuff and improve it. This assclown deducted about $500 from the value of his zero series. Hopefully you got his name? If not, keep looking at that show- find some of the big P.38 collectors at the show and see if you can find out who he is and buy it from him.:facepalm:

Nice holster Col.Klink!

Indeed, like mrfarb wrote, sad that it was split up.

Cheers,
Peter

I tried to get him to sell it to me, but he said he didn't ever intend to sell it... He claimed to be a collector himself, but I don't understand how he could be if he would split up a lot like this. I offered him other P38s, cash, you name it. He didn't want to give me his contact info because he "doesn't want to get pestered to sell his valuable collection".

I find that alot, they want the correct everything or need a little extra cash and just ruin the extra history that the piece has. I guess I am hoarder I keep everything I get from the old boys.

I tried to get him to sell it to me, but he said he didn't ever intend to sell it... He claimed to be a collector himself, but I don't understand how he could be if he would split up a lot like this. I offered him other P38s, cash, you name it. He didn't want to give me his contact info because he "doesn't want to get pestered to sell his valuable collection".

What an A$$ wipe!

That is a cool holster, keep watching the auction sites and shows the pistol may show up?
I picked up a P38 in a Luger holster from the vets nephew, got it home and found the capture papers packed down in the bottom of the spare mag pocket.

Very cool Klink. So sad those things got separated. Here is the vet:

ARMY SERIAL NUMBER34637946 34637946 NAMEBROCK#CHARLES#C#JR###### BROCK#CHARLES#C#JR###### RESIDENCE: STATE45 MISSISSIPPI RESIDENCE: COUNTY027 COAHOMA PLACE OF ENLISTMENT4545 CP SHELBY MISSISSIPPI DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY13 13 DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH07 07 DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR43 43 GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATIONPVT# Private GRADE: CODE8 Private BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATIONNO# No branch assignment BRANCH: CODE02 No branch assignment FIELD USE AS DESIRED# # TERM OF ENLISTMENT5 Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law LONGEVITY### ### SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL0 Civil Life NATIVITY45 MISSISSIPPI YEAR OF BIRTH25 25 RACE AND CITIZENSHIP1 White, citizen EDUCATION4 4 years of high school CIVILIAN OCCUPATION992 Undefined Code MARITAL STATUS6 Single, without dependents COMPONENT OF THE ARMY7 Selectees (Enlisted Men) CARD NUMBER# # BOX NUMBER0829 0829 FILM REEL NUMBER3.251 3.251

Guys, at the show today I was fortunate enough to run into the fella that sold me this holster a bit back. He still has the Zero Series P38, and said he would be willing to sell it now.... He said the pistol is mint, and he wants $2,000 for it. What say you fellas? Is it worth it? I've never been much of a P38 collector, so I am really clueless.

I would buy it just to bring it back with the holster... would he take a little less? Wonder if the Vet is still alive in Mississippi?

definately buy it

I hope it isnt refinished or screwed with, who knows what this "collector" has....otherwise you cant go wrong IMO

or get in touch with me I just might buy it myself

I would definatly do whatever it takes to mate the 2 back together for history sake and also investment.

Seems pricey for a P38, is a "zero series" worth that? The guy knows he kinda has you by the balls and could care less about the history.

Ok, thanks guys. I'll check out the pistol, and if it is as good as he says, I'll probably buy it. I probably won't be able to afford to keep it, but I really want the rig back together! Miles, you may hear from me. :biggrin1:

I see where the GI was in Co, "C". 394th Inf. Regiment. The 394th was part of
the 99th Infantry Div. This outfit saw a lot of action during the Battle of the Bulge.
They were on the northern "shoulder" near Hofen and Elsenborn Ridge. I believe they
won a Presidential Unit Citation for their fighting at the Bulge. Possibly where he
picked up the P-38. I also have a P-38 (cyq, Z suffix) that came in a 1938 dated
Luger holster. It even has the P-08 take down tool. I bought it directly from the
Vets son, his father served in the 78th Inf. Div.
Tks,
Bob

Military Rifle Journal
Back