Third Party Press

local ac44 value?

THunter

found a K43 in a local shop today while in another state. Its a walther, ac44, all milled reciever with matching carrier that has a hold open latch. Stock undinked with and a clear E/359 on the left side of the butt. Definately not sanded or restained.

Missing the sight hood, has a original rod and the handguard has been replaced with a modern reproduction. Isreali sling, Czech mount with a 'ZF 4 K43 dow' marked scope (slightly cloudy optics, no rainshield or eyepeice)

Wood and bluing is excellent on the rifle, bluing on the scope is excellent also. really a nice and legit gun, just the handguards been replaced and the hoods missing.

I havent been following G/K43 prices lately...so maybe you guys can help me figure out how much its worth.

Its on consignment and the tag is at $4500. Too much I know. I was wondering what numbers you guys come up with and ill shoot the shop owner a offer with those numbers and see if the seller bites.

2200.00 - 2500.00... The sight hood is about 25.00 and a correct handguard in nice shape to match your gun around 100.00 - 125.00...tell him to keep the scope and mount...he probaly will think the scope & mount is worth about 1200.00 - 1500.00

Real sight hoods are going for a good bit more than $25 these days with some upwards of $65+, a nice uncracked and unsanded hand guard can set you back $300+ if you want to make it a real nice complete gun- hard to find BTW. Uncracked Durofol guards are another story ++$$. Check that all internals match before throwing around any offers, stick with matching undicked with guns whenever possible and you cant go too far wrong. Check to see if the manual and spares are in the butt stock compartment and add $250 - $320 for those if present and if in good shape. DOW scope is a bit unlikely on the G43 Walther Guns, check the number on the scope and others can help you with the time frame of production. Check barrel code and see if there is a date on it and if it is a 44 made Walther most everything will have a e359 as epen numbers here and there. If all internals are matching, bore is good+ and the stock is unsanded and serialized to the gun you could be looking at $3500 with a bit more if you get the scope. There are lots of decent scopes and a few nice original mounts available out there if you really want to elevate it to a higher level. Good luck, post pics!

Greg

2200.00 - 2500.00... The sight hood is about 25.00 and a correct handguard in nice shape to match your gun around 100.00 - 125.00...tell him to keep the scope and mount...he probaly will think the scope & mount is worth about 1200.00 - 1500.00

I be inclined to say more like $3500 with the scope. As said before the hand guard will be a bit expensive and difficult to find.
If you buy the rifle I would be interested in the Czech scope mount. I've got a Czech reworked scope to put on it.
Sarge

That is way too much, $1850 for the rifle, and $800 for the scope/mount. The site hood is gonna be $100-$150 and finding a handguard that matches the stock in color and wear is gonna be very difficult to find.
Titan

Military Rifle Journal
Back