Third Party Press

AC45 Sniper Sold - $12K

gergnotwen

Rest In Peace
Nice AC45 a block with matching scope mount sold for right at $12k on GB. One bolt flap un-numbered "armorers" replacement.

Looks like a single guide rail receiver (rear mounted recoil lug) with a reversed "45" bolt carrier without the bolt latch. Interesting combination, not sure about the "dow" scope though on the Walther rifle.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=281583795

For that price it should have had an original sun shield for the scope I would think!

I don't feel too bad about mine right now... :biggrin1:

Comments anyone?

K43

I commented on the other site. I think its great for guys with real rigs to see the prices coming up. G/k43's
were down a bit as the focus seemed to go else where. The qve45 with misnumbered stock sold for over 8k with correct mount. The rig was nice and I hope the guy gets paid from an 'nr' bidder.. I commented as well I feel the scope should be a late ddx k43 marked zf4 with gas plug.. It;s an easy swap if you have the scope.

I was thinking 8500-9000 as a more "reasonable" price, 10K at an absolute max.

I'd also say their is a decent chance Mr."NR" doesn't pay.

All matching Factory snipers were going for 12K plus several years ago, so I am surprised that people find this sale unreasonable.

Guess I haven't been watching closely lately.

When was the last time one saw a really decent all matching honest K/G43 Sniper for sale? They are certainly tough to come by. Now, in my opinion, 12K is a way over top dollar. Heck, one could get a decent HT or LSR for that much...which I feel are an overall more desireable "sniper" in most collectprs minds.

Looking at the bidding history on this one, something seems very odd and I would not be surprised if some funny business was going on. Seems to be the norm on many auctions.

From the pics, the rifle seems decent. Always wonder about the scope, as was stated earlier. While one typically finds a dow on a 214 proofed mount and a ddx on a 359 mount. This would be a "red flag" on this rifle I feel. It may be factory issue with this rifle and most will question it though. We may never know for sure. Scopes are easy to swap out without showing any evidence of a swap on these.

well,,

the bidding on this went wild..two bidders that usually dont bid on g/k43's bid this thing up to the moon.. what it comes down to is the rifle and mount were 100% correct.
being a correct matching sniper..Wrong scope other wise.. With auctions its no our place to say what some one else will pay for an item..He paid top dollar if he pays.

Fair price

the bidding on this went wild..two bidders that usually dont bid on g/k43's bid this thing up to the moon.. what it comes down to is the rifle and mount were 100% correct.
being a correct matching sniper..Wrong scope other wise.. With auctions its no our place to say what some one else will pay for an item..He paid top dollar if he pays.

You will find a lot more matching sniper LSR's and HT's. The matching K-43's snipers are far rarer and I feel are under-valued at 12k. I have been doing this a while and I can count around 10 good K-43 matching rigs that I have seen for sale. I have seen many more matching 98k snipers. I know I have been offered more than 12k for my matching sniper rig that is pic stickied here.

dow scope on an ac45

I have seen a handful of late-war Walther mounts with dow scopes close to this scope's serial number range, including one on another matched mount ac45 sniper that was an untouched veteran bring back. The scopes were all the green triangle variety made for tropical climate. I have no proof of course, but it seems possible that Walther might have received a small shipment of these dow green triangle scopes at some point and just used them up like they did other surplus parts late in the war. Anyway, it seems like there may be a pattern to it with what I have seen in a relatively short period of time, so I hope the new owner will leave the scope on the rifle until more studies have been made.

As someone who has been searching for a matching mount factory G/K43 sniper, I hope a price like this will help to bring a few more out on the market. I've been bird-doggin' it for a while now, but have yet to find one with my name on it.

Mike,

You have a few good and legitimate observations :thumbsup:. I have the same feelings about the dow scope. We may never know. i am sure the factory did not care if it was a dow or a ddx, just that they had a scope to use, that they pulled off a shelf.

I have heard stories over the years that they did get dow scopes at one point in late '44 - early '45. Just stories though.

Something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay I guess and one almost never sees a legitimate matching K43 sniper for sale.

I got and AC 45 matching rig from one of the big collectors a few years back and it also had A dow scope on it. Mike

I wonder how many dow scopes have been replaced with the collector "correct" ddx scopes on legitimate ac45 sniper over the years?

Interesting question, I recently picked up a late QVE45 with a ddx scope so who knows? Anyone ever seen a legit sniper with a bzz scope on it?

Yes, I have recently seen an original all matching sniper with a bzz scope on it...a duffle cut vet bring back.

bzz scope matching K43 ac 44

Hi Brian,
That is "m" block
Stan

Attachments

• P1040273.JPG
    P1040273.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 77
  • P1040276.JPG
    P1040276.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 62
  • P1040277.JPG
    P1040277.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 62
My matching ac44 p block panel cut is much like Stan's shown above with the exception of the bzz scope. Mine has the ddx variety #73118.

Military Rifle Journal
Back