Third Party Press

Duv 41 Sniper Rifle - Any good?

ZF41 K98k

Hello all, I've been offered this K98 sniper rifle and I just want to know if this is a real, all ww2 german example? I know there are many fakes around, so I want to make sure this isn't one of them! Here is some more information he sent me:

This is one of the rarer manufactuers of K98k rifles, Berliner-Lbecker Maschinenfabrik, Lubeck plant. Field strippable with working action. The barrel is clear and does not have a rod welded length wise inside it. Receiver and front rear sight are matching numbers. Many WaA stamps including the stock. The scope is a Carl Zeiss (Jena) Zielvier (4x magnification) scope mounted on a short side rail mount as pictured. The sling is dated 1943 manufactured by 'gxy' Klinge, Lederwarenfabrik, Dresden-Lobtau.

Many thanks, Patrick.

Pictures:

DSC_0158.JPG
DSC_0159.jpg
DSC_0161.jpg
DSC_0163.jpg
DSC_0164.jpg
DSC_0165.jpg
DSC_0166.jpg
DSC_0167.jpg
DSC_0172.jpg
DSC_0173.jpg
DSC_0174.jpg
DSC_0174.jpg
DSC_0177.jpg
DSC_0179.jpg
DSC_0180.jpg
DSC_0181.JPG
DSC_0183.jpg

K98 ssr

Hello Patrick
just leave that rifle on the side. nothing good. not a sniper. Fake and missmatching coding numbers (Waa26, 135, 214,...). Mount repro. DUV never made SSR.
best regards
Xavier

Thanks Xavier, I really, really appreciate your opinion and I will steer clear of it! Can you help with a k98 zf4 sniper rifle, just on what maker and markings to look for on a genuine k98 zf4 sniper rifle? Many thanks, Patrick.

That one should be easy even for a novice. It has red flags galore. Just look at the wierd looking screws. The drilling and tapping inside the receiver for the base looks like it was done yesterday. The cut out for the mount base on the mauser proofed stock ain't even a fair attempt. That one is a mess. An original will have excellent workmanship.

Finding a correct or original K98k sniper is a minefield. Do you have any references? Robert's new book should help, along with Mike and Bruce's book and Senich.

A ZF41 will be easier than many of the other rifles you seem to be looking for. Good luck.

Last edited:
red flag !!!!!!!!

Look as the damn mount ! SS with an eagle 5 ????? Its so bad it funny:biggrin1:

Attachments

• DSC_0167.jpg
    DSC_0167.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 60
Hi Xavier, I would like to know a bit about both the ZF4 and ZF41 if possible? Thank you, and to everyone else, the help I have received has been great!
Thanks, Patrick.

K98 zf41

Hi Patrick,
please read Backbone of the Wehrmacht by D.Law , the german sniper by P SENICH and Kriegsmodell by moderators of this forum.those books should help.
Only mauser (BYF or AR) and BLM (DUV) did produce ZF41 rifle.

Please visit Belgian web side about ZF41 made by LUC, one of the member of the forum: zf41.be.

best regards

Xavier

Hi Xavier, or anyone else. Did the k98 swept back mount for a ZF4 scope actually exist in ww2, because every one I've seen says its a copy? Thanks, Patrick.

Military Rifle Journal
Back