Third Party Press

G.29o stoc set.

zfox44

Has anyone seen this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...gename=ADME:B:SS:US:1123&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

This ended with BuyitNow long before I saw it checking through my email alerts. Someone got a good buy in a rare moment if he indeed knew what it was. It was labeled as a K98,czech, WWI era, Gew.98 stock (that was how I picked it up in my alert), but in fact is a G.29o stock, complete set (minus the swivels) with hand guard, and both barrel bands! Though the major negative is the hanguard is missing a large piece broken off the fore end. Figured I'd pass this along... I never thought I'd ever see something like this show on fleabay!

-zfox44

Last edited:
I wished I had seen it.

Ah well, can't win them all. My resto would love it.

NICE cartouches, relatively untouched... damn, any one here buy it and want to sell it to me? :)

Last edited:
Wow, good catch for whoever spotted that one.

That's a difficult but not impossible splice-job necessary for the handguard, it looks like.
Pat

Indeed - either replace the entire piece from the band step forward (and I have done this before - a Vz24 handguard piece works perfectly, with some dimensional changes and splicing UNDER the band step), or straighten out the remaining section and do an angled splice - not very strong, but at least retaining MOST of the original wood.

Military Rifle Journal
Back