Third Party Press

Newbie with German pistol question

Hey guys, first sorry if this is the wrong place to post something like this. I bought my first k98k a few months back and now I would like to purchase a Nazi era pistol. The problem is I don't know what I am looking for or how much would be a good price. I will start by saying that I am a WW2 gear and uniform collector and I am trying to transition into the firearms. I have a friend who has a lot of German weaponry and he has helped me out with what to look for a little bit, but he has been collecting for decades and when I tell him the prices these pistols are bringing on gunbroker and some of these forums he just laughs and says he would never pay that much for them. And I believe him, because he bought all of his pistols 20-40 years ago when these things were a fraction of the price. So, I guess my question is what would be the best direction to go in to find a Nazi era pistol for a good price? P-38, P-08 Hi Power? Or something different? Again sorry if this is the wrong place.

Thanks,
Pete

Pistol

well, finding a nazi area pistol in matching good shape is way easier than a k98.. Just pick one and what you want to spend. Then go from there. Also buy the best condition you can. Good items are always easy to sell if you have to. So/so stuff is harder to get rid of.. A cz27 is a great entry level .32 cal pistol and p38's that are common can be inexpensive as well.. Have fun..

I see you are from PA. I just came from the allentown show.. There are tons of handguns there for sale..All types and price ranges..

Military Rifle Journal
Back