Third Party Press

Bnz 43 ssr

JayKay

I recently viewed a BNZ 43 "sniper" with a SSR scope mount, a combination that I'm guessing is incorrect. A number of things concerned me about this rifle which I think had been re-numbered to match the mount which looked good. The bolt looked completely wrong with a wide radius similar to a VZ33 though one of the auction staff suggested that it may have been factory converted for scope clearance. I'm guessing that this is completely wrong but would like to hear from those more knowledgeable if this was ever done on any K98 sniper rifles.

good eye, i'm by no means an expert on german snipers, but i know that ssr on bnz 43 is completely wrong. also the bolt does concern me as a standard k98 bolt should clear an ssr mount so no issues. other more knowledgeable members will come in with other details if there is anything else.

Bnz

I recently viewed a BNZ 43 "sniper" with a SSR scope mount, a combination that I'm guessing is incorrect. A number of things concerned me about this rifle which I think had been re-numbered to match the mount which looked good. The bolt looked completely wrong with a wide radius similar to a VZ33 though one of the auction staff suggested that it may have been factory converted for scope clearance. I'm guessing that this is completely wrong but would like to hear from those more knowledgeable if this was ever done on any K98 sniper rifles.

BNZ made the Single Claw Sniper and not SSR. CE and BYF made SSR. There are also SS Double Claw with BNZ on receiver. In addition to these there are SS conversion SSR rifles. These are a whole different bucket of worms. None of these sound like they fit the profile you are describing to me. I am sure others will chime in here if there is something else to add here. Best of Luck in your search.

Brian

Military Rifle Journal
Back