Third Party Press

Mp-44 finally approved

jack944

Mp-44 finally approved/Pictures added

In case anyone is interested it is now taking 7 months for the ATF to approve class 3 paperwork.

Attachments

• mp2.JPG
    mp2.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Nice!

Unfortunately the best I can hope for is the new ATI STG-44 in .22lr...the good news in they are pretty good, and mine is on order!

Well, that and my Shoei....but I wish I could have one like yours! Like the two tone!

cool

Nice!

Unfortunately the best I can hope for is the new ATI STG-44 in .22lr...the good news in they are pretty good, and mine is on order!

Well, that and my Shoei....but I wish I could have one like yours! Like the two tone!

This is my second MP.. getting one in 22 would save some ammo cost......:faint: What is the status on these ATI's. Is the price at $599 still ?

Yeah, that is still MSRP...I am getting mine from a good friend who is a dealer, so I will get it basically at cost...don't know what that is as of now, but they are on order, ATI said mid June hopefully, but who knows...

I am surprised you do not have to hire a lawyer to get them to stop dragging their proverbial feet... 7 months is ridiculous, especially if you have already done one before.

In case anyone is interested it is now taking 7 months for the ATF to approve class 3 paperwork.

Yep

I am surprised you do not have to hire a lawyer to get them to stop dragging their proverbial feet... 7 months is ridiculous, especially if you have already done one before.

This is one of those things I point to when people talk about government healthcare...gov't anything. You have no recourse .....it could take 2 years and you would have to accept it. :sorry:

I agree, government anything is the problem, - if you add politicians and bureaucrats (especially bureaucrats as they are un-elected and practically un-fireable) to anything to do with freedom or capitalism, you instantly get incompetence & failure.

The entire reason why the healthcare system is in a shambles, why people without a good job can't get health insurance or healthcare is entirely due to "government" intrusion in the first place. To think the solution is to further infuse government into a problem, which is caused by government in the first place, is typical of how politicians & bureaucrats think. (it is like asking Jesse Jackson to solve racism, or "paying" the Pakis to fight terrorism, - it is in their best interest to further those problems as that is how they make a living...)

all it takes is a few weeks in the service to see how slow and unorganized the gov is :boom:

...anyways...sweet mp44....

So will you vote at all? If so I'd like to know the alternative. We are so screwed.

I am retired active duty military (35 years) and now I work for the feds and am stationed in DC. Up to now I have been a die hard Republican my entire life but no more. Thanks to the Republicans in the house, this is the third year that Civil Service salaries have been frozen (Congress' is not, by the way) there is a hiring freeze so ATF cannot fill any positions where a previous employee has left, the House also wants to raise health care cost for civil servants (Congress' was lowered). The House also wants to extend the freeze for 3 more years and the also wants retirement contributions to be raised 5%. A competing Republican sponsored bill from the House instead wants the Fed retirement system completely abolished (Congressional retirement stays.) I have voted Republican all of my life, but no more. this is not coming from the President but directly from the Republican members of the House. So, while I am in the same boat waiting for a transfer to be approved, I understand why it is happening, ideological rhetoric aside, I feel blame should reside where it is deserved, and not really where I would have liked it to be. tough pill for me to swallow, but I really have changed where I point my finger over the last year and a half.

Transfer times

I just received another F4 and it was 7 months + 1 week. It's going to be a year soon for transfers, at least that is what my ATFE guy told me. He claims the slow down is partially Justice which has assigned a "low priority" to NFA back ground checks. JH

More pics

Will add more pics tomorrow.
This is a very late gun and has the last variant stock. Solid beech not laminated, no grooves in the butt, and flat sides. SWJ of course is late war mark for Steyr.

Attachments

• mp3.JPG
    mp3.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 72
  • mp4.JPG
    mp4.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 64
jack944,

Congrats on the MP-44. Very nice.:thumbsup: My last form 4 was a little over two years ago and it went through in 4 months and a few days and that was when some of the BATF offices were moving to West VA. I remember a time when it took 2 months. It keep going up. At least we can still acquire class three in PA. Maybe you'll consider bringing it to the next Allentown show. Would love to see it in person.

Mike

Sure will

jack944,

Congrats on the MP-44. Very nice.:thumbsup: My last form 4 was a little over two years ago and it went through in 4 months and a few days and that was when some of the BATF offices were moving to West VA. I remember a time when it took 2 months. It keep going up. At least we can still acquire class three in PA. Maybe you'll consider bringing it to the next Allentown show. Would love to see it in person.

Mike

MIke,

I have a couple of guys who want to see it and I plan on bringing it to Allentown. It is a great ice breaker.

Pics

More pics of MP. bnz shield on barrel. Gas tube/ barrel connector 359 proofed.

Attachments

• mp1.JPG
    mp1.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 70
  • bnz1.jpg
    bnz1.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 70
  • bnz2.jpg
    bnz2.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 75
pics

More pics...booklet in trap. Late stock with flat sides.

Attachments

• bnz3.jpg
    bnz3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 57
  • bnz4.jpg
    bnz4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 53
  • bnz5.jpg
    bnz5.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 66
  • bnz7.jpg
    bnz7.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 54
pics

More pics..jvd phosphate stock protector. Magazine well still has filler plate at rear. Sauer made front site.

Attachments

• bnz9.jpg
    bnz9.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 37
  • bnz10.jpg
    bnz10.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 48
  • bnz11.jpg
    bnz11.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 52
  • bnz12.jpg
    bnz12.jpg