Third Party Press

Hensoldt weitzlar 4 x scope help

LUIS22

Hello Guys,

'I got this scope on an auction (no idea whay yr is it) and I would like to install it on my Mauser 98k, can anyone help me and let me know what type of mountings are required??

thanks,

H4707-L28638129.jpg

H4707-L28638138.jpg

Hi !

welcome. Im not sure of the year.. Vaugn99 would know. Also what ever mount that is on there will have to be removed. And Id say its only good for making a s.s.r. mocked up sniper..

Its prewar for sure.. s.s.r is short side rail.. go on ebay there are tons of them on there for sale cheap..

welcome. Im not sure of the year.. Vaugn99 would know. Also what ever mount that is on there will have to be removed. And Id say its only good for making a s.s.r. mocked up sniper..

Its prewar for sure.. s.s.r is short side rail.. go on ebay there are tons of them on there for sale cheap..

Thanks, the mounts are part of the scope and cannot be removed, the scope its a single post if that helps any how???

???

not sure.. you might be better off selling it off and just buying a complete repro setup off ebay,,

not sure.. you might be better off selling it off and just buying a complete repro setup off ebay,,

I concur on the selling it part.

If you cannot remove the bottom rail it will be near impossible to make any conventional mount work due to the location of the rail and the rear focus.

Personally....I wouldnt waste the money on a repro scope...buy a real german scope and go with a repro mount.....heard a lot of bad reviews on the repro crap optics.

My 2 cents..

actually I have had very results with the repro zf-39 scopes. I have two of them and have put close to 1000 rounds between the two rifles with no issues. they hold zero perfect, the optics are not that bad, you can reset the zero just like the war time scopes. best part about the repro scopes is that if you are going to make a low or high turret setup, both ends unscrew.

I concur on the selling it part.

If you cannot remove the bottom rail it will be near impossible to make any conventional mount work due to the location of the rail and the rear focus.

Personally....I wouldnt waste the money on a repro scope...buy a real german scope and go with a repro mount.....heard a lot of bad reviews on the repro crap optics.

My 2 cents..

scopes with reverse dovetail mount

I am told that scopes with the reverse dovetail mount machined as part of the scope tube are for combination guns and have seen pics of those scopes mounted on combination guns. I did a little research a few years ago when I picked up a Hensoldt Dialytan Dural made the same way.

Military Rifle Journal
Back