Third Party Press

My unfortunate G29o

oswald621

Thought I'd post some pics of a recent acquisition. Some of you probably saw it on auction and passed on it due to the unfortunate stock damage. I figured it would be the only time I could afford one. Comments welcome.

g29o_2392.jpg

g29o_2393.jpg

g29o_2381.jpg

g29o_2380.jpg

g29o_2383.jpg

g29o_2382.jpg

g29o_2385.jpg

g29o_2387.jpg

g29o_2389.jpg

g29o_2374.jpg

g29o_2371.jpg

g29o_2364.jpg

g29o_2370.jpg

g29o_2369.jpg

g29o_2367.jpg

Well you are one up on most collectors, at least you have it in one piece!

I do not recall the auction details, but have a few pictures of it from April 2011, these are much better pictures... The earlier pictures didn't show a bolt, is this bolt original to the rifle? If not finding a bolt will be a significant challenge.

A pretty good bet.

Still all in all not a bad rifle, it isn't like a lot were made and they were Steyr's highest quality product under nazi occupation. Steyr went to hell fast, rifle production wise, and a lot of it had nothing to do with "slave labor", the dispersal of rifle production, parts to Gusen Letten, and Radom, assembly to Molln (and only God knows where else..), all contributed to a crappy product.

The bolt was unnumbered, and I assume not matching.

What a wicked woman fate can be - Oswald recently sent me a LOVELY G29o stock, handguard and band set he had picked up on eBay, and within a week of sending it to me, wins this rifle, and the stock I now had spare was already accounted for with another collector.

Oswald, if you ever want to sell the handguard or triggerguard, I am all ears :)

I do have a spare reproducton handguard, so if you need that, let me know as we discussed.

Finding parts for these is a challenge - I found EVERYTHING now, except the darned triggerguard (have the correct floorplate)

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back