Third Party Press

Need help with Dialytan BMJ marked scope

What do You want to know . Can You post some clearer Pics of Serial Number on front Ring .
How about Pics of the Whole Rifle . Best Regards

I will get pics of the whole rifle. I wanted to know if the scope is an actual Dialytan BMJ or a fake because I read about some fakes out there not sure how to tell.. Also is the mounting system correct for that scope. The serial number on the scope to the best of my knowledge is 85776. Also would like to know if the scope has any value. Also here is a pic of the front ring.post pic 2.jpg

Last edited:
The scope looks real but probably refinished when the rings were mounted on it post war. The serial number on the rings are deffinatly wrong style and font.

That would make sense because the whole gun looks like it has been re blued. With the scope being refinished is there any value left to it? Also I can find no import marks on the gun.

Last edited:
It looks like that in the pic. But when you look at it in person the serial number is 85. I had to do a double take to make sure that it was a 8.

The Scope is NOT ORIGINAL . This Scope has WRONG Sunshade . I will Post Pics of Two Scopes showing 2 different BMJ Scope Compare them Very Carefully to the Scope in Question . Also the Serial Numbers on this front Ring are Too Big NOT Original . Front Ring Placement is also not Correct on Scope in Question . I would bet it is a Complete Post War Fabrication and Re-blued

The Pic of Scope on Rifle is same as Scope in Question Compare Sunshades
The Pic of Scope I loaded has Correct Sunshade and ONLY BMJ Scope with this Type Sunshade
Also 1st Pic is 4 Piece BMJ and Always has this Sunshade
Pic of Scope is 3 Piece BMJ and always has this type Sunshade .

Best Regards​
paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails

I'm thinking the locking spring might be missing from the front ring as it is not seated fully in the base even though it is locked into the rear base...got a pretty good gap to it.

dial ring is repro

hello,
from my point of view the dial ring is repro as well
Have a look on Nr. 3
top part should be round not flat
Stan

hello,
from my point of view the dial ring is repro as well
Have a look on Nr. 3
top part should be round not flat
Stan

Stana
You are correct about Dial and Number 3 should have Round Top Not Flat and Angled on Side like one in Question . I added a Pic of Original Dial for Comparison and Checked about 20 BMJ Scope Dial Pics I could find showing the 3 and a few Example BMJ Scopes I have all are as in Pic I posted . Best Regards .

Attachments

• DSC02933.jpg
    DSC02933.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back