Third Party Press

BCD 4 value, no scoper/mount

Wulfmann

I came across a BCD 4 slab side. I do know it was a vet bring back after that guessing and pure speculation.

Had never been drilled for the pins and never blued. Stock was sanded with walnut hand guard but no way to check numbers.
Looked correct in metal, all matching, as little as was stamped at this point.

My guess is unfinished gun and GI stuck any stock on it. It seems he engraved his name hidden under the wood and on the inside of the cupped butt plate so this is likely the stock it came home with.

Current owner paid $1600.00 at a south Florida gun show but later found a very nice BCD slab side in excellent shape for a mere $350.00 so was trying to get his $1600.00 back

My knowledge is limited on value so i wanted to get an idea of it's real worth for future reference

Wulfmann

well,

its hard to say without photos... but its a scarce rifle..more scarce than one with the holes drilled and tapped. But, most people end up drilling and tapping them and making it a sniper..:facepalm:
not knowing the rareity of the rifle..Anyway if he's looking to sell it let me know..I know someone interested in buying it.. thanks.

I do not know the guy so until the Sept 1/2 gun show (I have one table at my local show as a hobby, I am not a dealer) I have no way of seeing him or contacting him.

As above he wanted $1600.00

I mentioned it to ascertain the value for future reference but come that show if he shows up I will get contact info and post it

Wulfmann

Did You get the Serial Number from Rifle . As it a BCD4 are You sure it is Unfinished . It is maybe Phosphate Finish . As stated earlier Pics are a must . Do You remember any of the small particulars , Checkered Butt Plate regular or Long Key Safety . Most Like;y a Standard K98 except for Thick Sidewall Rec . Look Forward to Pics
Best Regards

Since I was not personally interested I did not take a close look except to notice the stock was heavily sanded.

Bolt matched I believe standard cupped butt, not positive but i think the sniper butt would have stuck in my mind.
Other than the thick receiver with the three drill holes (But not the pins) it was standard.

I would have remembered the sniper safety so it did not have one.

As one friend mentioned to me today it may even have failed accuracy testing and was rejected because better guns took the few optics available, who really knows

Like I said, never saw the guy before and recommended he put it on GB as local shows are not where one gets max $ out of something like this.

I did tell him to take it apart, photograph everything and mention any and every deficiency so as not to appear to be hiding something.

If I notice it on GB I will post

Wulfmann

Military Rifle Journal
Back