Third Party Press

1937 Dated ERMA .22 insert kit in original box

USCS03

I picked up an all matching 1937 dated ERMA .22 insert in the original box. I would rate the finish at 95%. All parts are there and all numbers match. The magazines show no use and are dated 1937 and 1938. The outside of the box is marked ERMA and WaA77. The 2nd box that I have had the ends removed to fit in a duffel bag. The gi wrote his info inside. The box is unit marked on the outside and the inside as well.

I picked up an all matching 1937 dated ERMA .22 insert in the original box. I would rate the finish at 95%. All parts are there and all numbers match. The magazines show no use and are dated 1937 and 1938. The outside of the box is marked ERMA and WaA77. The 2nd box that I have had the ends removed to fit in a duffel bag. The gi wrote his info inside. The box is unit marked on the outside and the inside as well.

Can you post pictures?
Regards

I will look to take some pics later on today when I get home from work. The other box that I have has a German unit marking on it but I am unable to determine what it means. It reads 4/R.R.17.11 Any idea what that means?

So the other box is for an Erma 22 kit, also? Is the first 'R' italic or non-italic (R.R or R.R)?

It could be 4th Eskadron Reiter-Regiment 17, but I don't think it existed in 1937. Maybe a Rekrutendepot for an Infantry Regiment?

Both R's are the same R.R. I was figuring it was some sort of training regiment but I was unable to find it. ON the inside of the case the same letters and numbers are stamped into the wood and underneath is an early WaA39.

So the other box is for an Erma 22 kit, also? Is the first 'R' italic or non-italic (R.R or R.R)?

It could be 4th Eskadron Reiter-Regiment 17, but I don't think it existed in 1937. Maybe a Rekrutendepot for an Infantry Regiment?

You are correct about the meaning of the marking: 4th Eskadron/ Reiter-Regiment 17, Waffe Nr. 11. These markings are illustrated in the 1922, 19232 and 1924 issues of the Heeres Dienstvorschrift (H.Dv.) 464 as shown in the Gortz/Bryans books German Small Arms Markings.

You are correct about the meaning of the marking: 4th Eskadron/ Reiter-Regiment 17, Waffe Nr. 11. These markings are illustrated in the 1922, 19232 and 1924 issues of the Heeres Dienstvorschrift (H.Dv.) 464 as shown in the Gortz/Bryans books German Small Arms Markings.

Yes, but Reiter Regiment 17 became Kavallrie Regiment 17 in October 1936: http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Kavallerieregimenter/KavR17-R.htm

The box with the marking is empty, but were any of these trainers made in 1935/36 when RR17 existed? The earliest I have seen have 1937 dated parts.

I also found references to 'R.R' also identifying a Rekrutendepot of an Infantry Regiment/Division. Apparently this is listed in Noll's book on Imperial German unit markings based on the 1909 regs, but I unfortunately don't have a copy. A recruit depot would certainly make a lot of sense...

I have the trainer that came in that box. The vet brought back the empty box and the dot 1944 rifle the trainer was in. It to is a 1937 dates ERMA. It is all matching as well but has earlier proof marks.

Military Rifle Journal
Back