Third Party Press

Opinions please

builttoughf350

I need opinions quick,

A friend of mine / dealer / collector has a 1944 G43

the stock, bolt and receiver do NOT match eachother.

the bore seems to be less than 75% the magazine looks really short, i thought they stuck out of the bottom farther.... might just be my imagination.

he wants $1600, but I know him pretty well and know I could get it for less, * I just want one *

I would prefer a all matching one but.... cant afford that kind of price.

whats a fair price to pay for this just to say I have one ?

I guess it all comes down to how bad do you want a G/K43?...I paid just under $1000.00 for my G43. It's not a # matching gun, but, it shoots like crazy and I LOVE IT!!! If you have the funds, hold out for what you REALLY want. If you just want a shooter, GO FOR IT.:thumbsup: Just my 2 cents worth.

Bill

I have seen the mags altered to 5 rounds.....FYI an original 10 rd mag is gonna set you back 200 + unless you come across a deal.
For it being a shooter grade gun I would like a little nicer bore since you are gonna shoot it.

You say you can get it cheaper....question is how much cheaper.

If you gotta have it now ,by all means buy it...but I have found patience to truly be a virtue when it comes to such things....there is always a better deal down the road if one waits long enough...especially with the economy.

Just my 2 cents...

Steve

Good advice Steve.

Be patient and wait for a better condition/price piece.

A mismatched G/K43 in otherwise great condition is not that hard to find.

Without any pictures, i would by your description, the rifle is worth no more than 1200.00...
The g43 is prety plentiful..hold out for a better condition rifle...
Shoot him an offer of 900.00..cash in hand of course and point out the faults of the rifle...Let him screem and yell...he is going to say this is worth that and that is worth this parted out..just about any gun is worth more parted out...and then work your way to 1200.00

Good luck
Andy

Military Rifle Journal
Back