Third Party Press

Notes in German WW2 ammo cases and 15 round boxes

haak48

I have posted these before on other sites. I have found three such notes over the years. Two were from women working in the plants and the third is from an SS member. Two were folded neatly and placed in the 15 round boxes. The one from the SS member was stuffed between two sleeves before the tin was welded on.That case was from a "repack" station in 1941. The tin had been opened and chargers had been installed on the cartridges, the case had then been re-sealed. I was the next to open it. JH

Attachments

• DSCF0271.jpg
    DSCF0271.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF0275.jpg
    DSCF0275.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Notes in 7,9 boxes

Here is another note, dated 1936. All seem to say/mean about the same thing, that is: " best wishes & good luck from the homeland" a very rough paraphrase. JH

Attachments

• Picture 271.jpg
    Picture 271.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture 275.jpg
    Picture 275.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 38
1936?

Who were they fighting?

Perhaps the "36" is part of the address and not the date. I will let our German reading experts here decide. I had always thought it was a signature date but who knows. Cartridges are from 1935 and I have included a picture of the box, a generic repack box, which is not dated. JH

Attachments

• Picture 270.jpg
    Picture 270.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 17
The "36" imo doesn't mean 1936 but is a part of a home address, so that the soldier could write to the girl that sent her regards.

Cheers,
Peter

Military Rifle Journal
Back