Third Party Press

Backward sling band on Schiessmaschine photos.

agalland

I am sure I am not the first one to see this ,but I have always found it somewhat humorous that a K98 with an incorrectly assembled sling band made it into a stock photo for the Schiessmaschine.

Of course @ that stage in the war I am sure many thing began to suffer ,including intense inspection.

In BBOTW and Kriegsmodell both, it is the rifle in waiting.
Pg. 133 & 27 respectively.

The other thing I find kinda odd is that a conscripted foreign female worker would put her hair up, put on a pair of ear rings and necklace with a pressed nice white top and skirt to go set outside and fire K98,s all day long...? Who is she... .June Cleaver ?

I am wondering if she might not have been a German office employee instead...

The other gal is wearing a necklace also and neither of them look as if they have missed many meals, but the blonde is definitely the pick of the litter.....much hotter.

MY vote is that neither is foreign but are front office girls for the offical photo.
( I would definitely go out with blonde.)

I am sure we shall never know for sure....

AG

Last edited:
I'm guess like you these were the best looking women they could find at the shop that day- looks to be late 42 to 43 timeframe.

Nice job spotting the backwards band.

Always wondered the same myself! It's in BBOTW and Kreigsmodell books.

I love the factory photos - first time I ever saw a photo of a Portuguese M937 being actually used is in a factory photo - does ANYONE have any period photos of the M937 in use?????

Military Rifle Journal
Back