Third Party Press

Odd German modified VZ24?

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Picked this up today as I have been wanting a German modified VZ24 and needed a fix. This is a bolt mismatch, but it's a really nice looking rifle.

Note the odd modification- side sling cut, no disc, and bottom sling removed/plugged. Plug in wrist is walnut, plug in bottom swivel looks beech.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 80
Whats up with the hole in the stock? I told Hambone that was a 65 year old hole, I can tell. :facepalm:

I thought it might be for bolt takedown, but I forgot it already has that in the recoil lug. I tell you this, it works great for that, I tried it out.

Whats up with the hole in the stock? I told Hambone that was a 65 year old hole, I can tell. :facepalm:

I thought it might be for bolt takedown, but I forgot it already has that in the recoil lug. I tell you this, it works great for that, I tried it out.

I was being polite as I didn't want to spoil your Vz-24 enthusiasm. Sign of Finnish ski trooper use where the wire sling swivel mounted perhaps.

Kinda odd ive never seen a hole like that on a german modified Vz...IMHO I dont think that hole was put there by the germans. Usually you see them with or without the takedown disc added, the wrist plugged and sometimes cut out for a side style sling. Mine has all 3. Kinda neat mine is 1 letter block earlier than yours.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Believe it or not, I once saw a dot 44 in a barber shop that had a similar hole. It was used for the 16d nail that held it to the wall in earthquake country. The front nail was under the barrel. JH

You need to send that hole to the guys at the XRF ray gun helmet authenticating company, pay them the $250 to shoot it with their XRF ray gun, and IMHO they'll tell you what elements are in the hole and how old it is, plus you'll get a pie chart and certificate of authenticity with a hologram sticker on it. Shipping both ways for a hole would be no more than 88 cents, plus the envelope and any insurance.

Last edited:
I already forgot about this gun. Guess I should dig it back out and have it XRF ray gunned to authenticate it. As an aside, I saw on a forum that a few helmets with fake decals have been authenticated already.....

Cool rifle farb. Those are some of my favs. If it was a wall hanging hole, why not just hang it on a nail through the sling slot?

Cool rifle farb. Those are some of my favs. If it was a wall hanging hole, why not just hang it on a nail through the sling slot?

Or through the disassembly washer? Same thing I aways asked my barber. He loved his bringback. For all I know, it's still nailed to the wall above his chair. JH

Military Rifle Journal
Back