Third Party Press

Sub forum name change

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Just a quick note to point out the addition of "Beutewaffen" to the name on this forum. With this addition, examples of captured weapons and misc. accessories used with these weapons can be posted and enjoyed. The myriad of weapons used by the Wehrmacht is dizzying, and this forum will probably be one of the best places to learn about these weapons.

This coincides with the plan Bruce and I have for doing a book on Beutewaffen in the future- many of the weapons posted here could possibly show up in the future volumes, so feel free to post what you have!

Current Thread

I agree with Craig. Even as the proposed Volume 4 will cover mainly WW2 time frame, there were many foreign appropriated weapons
used by the Imperial German forces prior to and during WW1.

Possibly expand the time frame to include WW1 and the pre-WW1 period also?

I'm thinking LONG term, Mike! I don't want you guys to get burned out. It'll be great to finally have a book on Beutewaffen, though.

Pat

Hello,

for those not in the know you might think about (plenty of time to) a sticky post locked with a list of all the models your looking for with the offical (german) name and the name most know it by?? just a thought as many might visit and not know there said firearm might be what is needed for the book?? just an idea.

just a sample might not be the greatest but the idea.

M43 = Norwegian Krag Shortend M1894 with i think 600mm barrel length

later
vaughn

Military Rifle Journal
Back