Third Party Press

1945 CZ Model 27

gunship

I have an FNH Model 27 in very good shape. It is marked 45 by the trigger guard and also has the rampant lion. The serial number is marked on the top of the slide, 484XXX. I am assuming this pistol was put together with parts left over. The clip is marked Mod 27 on the bottom. Any info on this pistol and possible value would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Bill

Attachments

• CZ, Model 27, 1945 (2).jpg
    CZ, Model 27, 1945 (2).jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 44
  • CZ, Model 27, 1945.jpg
    CZ, Model 27, 1945.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I have an FNH Model 27 in very good shape. It is marked 45 by the trigger guard and also has the rampant lion. The serial number is marked on the top of the slide, 488XXX. I am assuming this pistol was put together with parts left over. The clip is marked Mod 27 on the bottom. Any info on this pistol and possible value would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Bill

Yes, this is a post war pistol produced in Czechoslovakia in 45 from left over parts. This maybe a new high serial number for the fhn variation, and the ones I've seen are not dated like yours. These are much rarer than German produced examples. Previous estates were about 9000 fhn guns produced from 476000-485000, but this one would raise the estimate to 12000. Cool gun!

You might post it in the Czech forum on Gunboards as well.

Ryane,

Sorry for the misstake, the number is 484,xxx, typo. I edited the serial number in the original post. Sorry for the confusion and yes it is a cool gun.

Bill

Yes, this is a post war pistol produced in Czechoslovakia in 45 from left over parts. This maybe a new high serial number for the fhn variation, and the ones I've seen are not dated like yours. These are much rarer than German produced examples. Previous estates were about 9000 fhn guns produced from 476000-485000, but this one would raise the estimate to 12000. Cool gun!

You might post it in the Czech forum on Gunboards as well.

Military Rifle Journal
Back