Third Party Press

Very low serial E/N proofed DF Mause-Werke KKW

Aeisir

A low serial numbered DF KKW has surfaced that seems to support the possibility of a parallel series though pair-matched DF and non-DF rifles haven't been found AFAIK. S/N#35 D.F. an Eagle/N commercial proofed KKW that presumably was produced at least a year after the start of the bug-proofed KKWs makes an interesting addition the DF mystery. High resolution pictures are available on the net. I think the logo is also the larger format. It would be nice to see a bug-proofed #35 show up now.

Relaying this for Jon Speed

" This series was simply started with the period after the new proofing regs came on line in Jan/April perod 1940. However some kkw were made after this period without DF marks! I mention this info in the Archive book ! " Regards, Jon

Checking the list

Thanks Jon/Jim. I checked my serials list for numbers in the range of 1500 to 5000 for both non-DF and DF serials. For the seventeen listed, 29% are DF and are distributed throughout the range. The rest, of course are non-DF. In most cases I have a corresponding photo, so I'm reasonably confident of the numbers. This sample is way too small to be statistically valid and support any conclusions, but interesting nevertheless.

Military Rifle Journal
Back