Third Party Press

Questions on a G29o and a G24 t

mauser202

What would be ballpark top end for a 39 G29o and a 41 G24t? Both rifles correct and all matching in above average condition and not sanded. How much would each loose if a blot mm?
Thaks for input.

My G29o project cost me $700 for the barrelled action with mismatched stock and mismatched bands. The correct (mismatched) bolt cost another $300, and I traded for most the other parts (about $500 worth). So, that's $1500 for a bitser.

I watch G29o's whenever they appear on Gunbroker. A nice bolt only mismatch seems between $1500 and $2000. An all matching one is $3000 up.

G24T's seem below $2000 - bolt MM ones I see occasionally for like $1200 tops.

rifles...

condition is everything....Id rather have two minty rifles with m.m. bolts Than two beat to death rifles with matching bolts.. Usually a m.m. bolt is a 50% hit. 2k rifle is 1k with m.m. bolt. I use this to keep the math simple.. 29o's are much more scarce than 24t's so if you have to choose one go with the 29o every time.

On the open market the 29o in minty shape can sell upwards of 4k
the 24t can sell in the high 2k range.

I hope you get both !! If you can get pic's and need help let me know... Or use the pictures posted here. I posted some of a minty 29o that RADOMMAN owns... and there's pleanty of 24t eye candy here as well..

Pic reference index for all.

I have had several "G.29o" in the last several years. Prices ranged from $1800 to $3800. G.24(t) prices run from $1500 to $3500. Condition and timing are extremely relevant.

It turned out to be a G24t 1942 date. It was a bolt mm with perfect wood. I got beat out on it at an estatw sale. It went for a little higher than I was comfortable with. A nice collector who I have traded with at shows got it, we didnt see each other and were bidding against each other the whole time:facepalm:But it least it whent to a fellow collector/good guy.

Thanks again for everyones help.

Military Rifle Journal
Back