Third Party Press

Picked up an MP43, thoughts on finish?

Meridius

Well after a brief break from collecting, I'm happy to say I just pulled the trigger on an MP43. Now I get to wait a year for the paper work to clear:facepalm:. The gun is a bolt mismatch but appears to be largely untouched aside from a shrapnel repair to the top/rear of the receiver.

I'm trying to figure out if it is a dual tone gun or if the finish is just heavily worn. The dark bluing on the mag catch, rear sight assembly, gas block and barrel has me hoping it's a dual tone gun. It is a 44 dated fxo/cos gun in the "f" block though so I feel like it might be too early for a dual tone finish...

What do yall think?

Attachments

• 001 (4).jpg
    001 (4).jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 004 (2).jpg
    004 (2).jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 181
  • MP43 01.jpg
    MP43 01.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 198
  • MP43 02.jpg
    MP43 02.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 176
Blued

Well after a brief break from collecting, I'm happy to say I just pulled the trigger on an MP43. Now I get to wait a year for the paper work to clear:facepalm:. The gun is a bolt mismatch but appears to be largely untouched aside from a shrapnel repair to the top/rear of the receiver.

I'm trying to figure out if it is a dual tone gun or if the finish is just heavily worn. The dark bluing on the mag catch, rear sight assembly, gas block and barrel has me hoping it's a dual tone gun. It is a 44 dated fxo/cos gun in the "f" block though so I feel like it might be too early for a dual tone finish...

What do yall think?

I have never seen a dual tone of that combo early.. Blued and worn. Still one of the coolest guns ever. Welcome to the MP/STG club ! My last one earlier this year took 7 months. :thumbsup:

Go to this site for some great info and Serial number study on MP/STG's. http://claus.espeholt.dk

nice !!

welcome back with a BANG... thats more than any of us will ever see....:hail: oh to live in texas...

I have never seen a dual tone of that combo early.. Blued and worn. Still one of the coolest guns ever. Welcome to the MP/STG club ! My last one earlier this year took 7 months. :thumbsup:

Go to this site for some great info and Serial number study on MP/STG's. http://claus.espeholt.dk

Thanks Jack, that's what I figured about the finish... oh well. The 'been there done that' look ain't so bad :biggrin1:

Congratulations! Very nice indeed.

There will be some protected and inside areas where the original finish is still present. You should be able to tell from those what was blued and what was parked ("Bonderized").

Now to find a nice "high" front sight hood.

Congrats Meridius. That's pretty much the "apex" infantry weapon of WW2 with the MG.42. :thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back