Third Party Press

e/749...

S/42

Thunda from down unda
Just received a bSw (?) bolt body - ex-RC scrub serial. The inspection stamps are interesting though.

It has the expected bSw B, and e/4, but it also has an e/749 stamp on the bolt root. Does this make it a left-over bSw part subsequently used by bcd? Or did bSw use 749 near the end? The e/749 looks AFTER the rest, as it is slightly over the e/4 stamp to the right of the B.

The bolt body has some extensive deep pitting near the gas holes - I doubt it could file/sand out without being obvious, so I will leave it as is, but this bolt just doesn't "fit" with the lovely bSw I have.

It is at least, potentially, trade material :) For now, my bSw rifle may be content with the e/26 bolt it has for now... but keep harassing someone much ELDER than I :)

Lol..Patience Lewis... patience... a man and his bSw bolt parts are not easily parted..lol. The bolt sounds like a transtition part in early 337 use. I have never seen a bolt like that myself but do have a bolt shroud with the e/4, B and the matching safety they used is e and e/221 marked so I think its just a natural "left over" transition bolt you have. Unusual find as its the only one I have seen.

mow.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 9

Military Rifle Journal
Back