Third Party Press

Erma Single Shot Conversion Value

USCS03

Gents,

I have an ERMA single shot conversion. The bolt matches itself but not the receiver. I haven't seen many for sale and prices seem to be all over the place. What would you think something like that would be worth in 92% condition? Thanks

USCS03

erma kit..

well a mis-matched single shot would sell in the 300-400 range. If its in the condition you mention.. Is it still with the wooden holder ?

Gents,

I have an ERMA single shot conversion. The bolt matches itself but not the receiver. I haven't seen many for sale and prices seem to be all over the place. What would you think something like that would be worth in 92% condition? Thanks

USCS03

Always interested in the serial number and proofing? Is it an E/N ? Any acceptance marks or is it a straight commercial?

It would help to know if it is prewar or post war and if it is an insert for an 8mm. Pictures would be a plus.

It is for an 8mm. It is eagle N proofed. There serial of the action is 11134. The bolt is also eagle N proofed and is serial 11141. It does not come with a pencil box. This is how I got it.

erma kit

the single shot type wasnt in a clam shell case. It was on a flat board routed out for the insert and held in place with two metal holders that slide into place.. Erma did make this version post war. It has the Erma Dauchau stamp on the side.. Not erfurt.

My E/N is 9545. If the feathers on the eagles point down, you have a post-war production EL. The post January 1940 are horizontal stick wing feathers. I suppose production could have reached into the 11000 range for commercial sales. It was a cheaper priced .22 lr for hunters to convert their rifles to .22lr and not have to buy a more expensive rifle. The 1939 Akah catalog did not list the EL 24 design, though ERMA marketed it under a different model number. The unit was made by Erma at least until 1960.

With no pictures

Sorry we are shooting blind here.

Difficulties with conveying things often a problem.

A picture truly is worth a thousand words.

Sorry we are shooting blind here.

Difficulties with conveying things often a problem.

A picture truly is worth a thousand words.

Agreed. But they all look alike. Here is mine #9545.

EL24a.jpg

El249545breech.jpg

Awsome

First single shot unit I have ever seen with NAZI era Eagle N Proofs. Thanks for posting those photos Joe!

The Post War Dachau marked ones are not un-common and often miss represented.

Here are pics of one of those stolen from an on-line auction

You'll have to excuse me, I am from Missouri and you know what they say about us.

No offense intended.

Attachments

• pix118771469.jpg
    pix118771469.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 30
  • pix484676588.jpg
    pix484676588.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 30
  • pix688443869.jpg
    pix688443869.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 29
  • pix833941411.jpg
    pix833941411.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 29
  • pix919693368.jpg
    pix919693368.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
First single shot unit I have ever seen with NAZI era Eagle N Proofs. Thanks for posting those photos Joe!

The Post War Dachau marked ones are not un-common and often miss represented.

Here are pics of one of those stolen from an on-line auction

You'll have to excuse me, I am from Missouri and you know what they say about us.

No offense intended.

I guess they do say that about us. Plus a few other unmentionable comments within my earshot. I'm from a bit farther north, where I44 ends.

Well now we have two E/N ELs and that is amazing I think, when thinking that the one that started the thread means they made at least another five or six hundred more during the war. Thanks for putting up the Dachau made example. I had not seen one before. Interesting case. Does it enclose the EL unit or is it open on the top.

Only one with case I have seen

Appears to only protect the tube and front of receiver.

All the others I have encountered were without a case or installed in a rifle.

I thought that was Missour-A up there? I am so far south of I-44 I can see Arkansas from the back porch.

Appears to only protect the tube and front of receiver.

All the others I have encountered were without a case or installed in a rifle.

I thought that was Missour-A up there? I am so far south of I-44 I can see Arkansas from the back porch.

I guess it is if you went to Mizzou or you listened to Sen Bond. If you in the hills, can you see Mt. Judy across the border from your porch? Did some boar hunting down there a long time ago.

Thanks for the new number Bill. Still amazes me that Erma was pumping these out past 1940. Why, when you had all those .22 trainers. And one needed a larger bore rifle to use the EL. Military didn't need anymore, nor did the police.

Mt. Judy???

If that was several years ago it likely was a now defunct game ranch built out across Cave Creek over low water bridge (turned right on a dirt road by Casey's Store that still had a glass jug gas pump out front.)

Had a crazy Cajun that was the guide for the hog hunts.

I was down there in 1966 or 67 as a kid working with my Dad on a crew that built the swimming pool.

Off topic, small world syndrome. Apologies to others for a senior (Mayberry RFD) moment.

Yes I can see the Boston Mts and used to float the Buffalo before it was National Senic River.

USCS03 send your pics to kkmauser@aol.com and I will post.

Last edited:
USCS03 pictures

Pics of the unit from top of the thread as promised

Attachments

• 20120927_140025.jpg
    20120927_140025.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 77
  • 20120927_140041.jpg
    20120927_140041.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 20120927_140054.jpg
    20120927_140054.jpg