Third Party Press

bnz single claw find

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Got a lead on this one from out of the blue with some good photos. Ended up landing it for a decent price, got it from a guy who got it from the vet who brought it home. Still working on getting vet's story/info, but wanted to post some photos of it to tease Dave Roberts.

I'm not really a sniper collector, but what can you do? I sold a lot of odds and ends for it, and it doesn't come with a scope, but the rifle looks to be almost new condition. Stock is oiled, but not ugly and not sanded- you can still see the file marks from fitting the handguard, and smatterings of chatter on different parts of the stock. Nice Eagle H on the side. Now, who has the scope for it that matches? It came out of Michigan. :thumbsup:

attachment.php

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 531
  • bolt.jpg
    bolt.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 229
  • buttplate.jpg
    buttplate.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 216
  • cutout.jpg
    cutout.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 179
  • fband.jpg
    fband.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 166
  • filemarks.jpg
    filemarks.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 156
  • fplate.jpg
    fplate.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 184
  • mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 239
  • proof.jpg
    proof.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 188
  • rband.jpg
    rband.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 166
  • serial.jpg
    serial.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 186
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 227
Very nice farb...me likey. This one came out of mich?!?! First the s42g/bnz4 ...and now this....distracting me with bases while you slide this out from under my nose....why i oughtta...:moon:

Tease Me ain`t the Correct Word Mike , I think it does much more than that . Happens to be my most Favorite of all the different Variant Sniper Rifles . I wonder if their is anything in my Collection that may Tempt You in to say Lending it to me for a undetermined amount of time . Time may Tell . Great SC Mike . Best Regards
:googlie :happy0180:

Man, that is a beautiful thing! What a great score, the collecting gods have been good to many this year. It's enough to make one want to collect 'em...:hail:

Nice Rifle

That is a really a great looking Single Claw. All you need is a nice scope to put on it. I am sure you ask the guy if he would have any knowledge of the scope that goes with it.

Brian

It amazes me how you guys find awesome rigs like this on a regular basis, the forum is full of stuff like this....this kinda stuff never pops up down under, none that I see anyway. That is one unreal find :googlie

Thanks for the kind words guys, the guy I got this from has turned out to be a really great guy who is not a collector but realized that this rifle was something special when he saw it- thank god, it was moments from being converted into a deer slayer. I have been very lucky lately, it comes in waves. There are still gems like this to be found that have never been in collections waiting to be uncovered.

Without the internet this one would have probably walked into a local show or some motel buy in the area and snatched up by a dealer for pennies on the dollar. I gave the owner the true price range for these and he was very appreciative. Hey bigdibbs, I did pull this right out of your state, but I've come to realize Michigan is a big state. Not to rub salt in the wound, but I also got a nice S/147/k out of Michigan last year. :moon:

I included a toejam photo for Archie, but i made sure it was blurry as hell to dampen the blow.

Military Rifle Journal
Back