Third Party Press

A 1944 Walther PPK, SS Contract

AirCommando

I bought the Walther PPK in a local shop not too long ago. It is a vet bringback, sold to the shop by the grandaughter. I got it for a good price because the shop didn't know what it was.

PPK001-1.jpg

PPK004-1.jpg
PPK002-1.jpg

correct range

Finish almost looks like chrome because of the lighting. In order for it to be an SS gun it must have a matching mag. k suffix does not always mean SS. You can look in Stepan's book and see if you are lucky and the gun is SS by issue document match.

Last edited:
Yes, the lighting does make it look different, I took those pics at the shop. Here are some I took at home..
PPK006.jpg
PPK008.jpg

PPK005.jpg

I have Steven Stephan's Black Book. The serial number is in the range of documented guns, but, without the mag, I really can't prove it is a SS gun. I like to think "Who else could it have gone to during that period of the war?"

Don't give up

I have Steven Stephan's Black Book. The serial number is in the range of documented guns, but, without the mag, I really can't prove it is a SS gun. I like to think "Who else could it have gone to during that period of the war?"

Post the mag number you need at several sights....maybe one will turn up. Needle in a haystack but the quest will keep you interested. Is the frame dural or steel ?

Steel frame. Here are better pics I just took.

PPK004-2.jpg

PPK001-3.jpg

I have an email from Steven in which he states there are guns within 400 numbers of mine. He also states that he has documented about 2,000 guns, and that about 25,000 were issued to the RSHA/SS.

I was tempted to try and remove the finger rest to see if there was a # on the toe plate, but Dieter Marshall says the mag won't have a toe plate, the finger rests were put on with no toe plate.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back