Third Party Press

KM rifles

S/42

Thunda from down unda
This is pure speculation and conjecture, and would love opinions here.

I see a LOT of Borsigwalde and bSw rifles and stocks marked to the KM - either Nord or Ost See. Was there a special association between M-B and bSw for KM supply?

having said that, interestingly all the KM marked bSw stocks I have seen were regular Heer marked on the right butt face and KM marked on the left disc. And all the M-B KM's I have seen have been M marked with the first butt estemple.

Hmmmmm.

I just made a deal for an all-matching but bolt 243 1940 KM Nord See marked rifle in NICE condition, and it got me wondering and speculating. That's ANOTHER KM for the collection :)

Last edited:
KM marked 98k's

Hi Vulch:
I have one like you describe but it is a S/147 1937. "O" markings on left side
take down disc, but E/H on right side of stock. All matching but bolt.
Let me know what you can find out.
Tks,
Bob

i agree i have noticed also there seems to be a higher percentage of borsigwalde that are navy marked. would be interested in info on this

There is a definite pattern emerging!

Would be great to add some of these tidbits to the new book from MS and BK....

HEre are some pictures. First, my latest acquisition, and all matching but bolt and floorplate (harks back to the captured rifle thread again) Borsigwalde 1940...(also of interest is the e/655 marking on the disc and the K - probably a Mauser Oberndorf stock diverted to Mauser-Borsigwalde. The stock and handguard match the rifle, and all the wood stamps are e/26)

Attachments

• km 243-01.JPG
    km 243-01.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 18
  • km 243-02.JPG
    km 243-02.JPG
    271 KB · Views: 20
  • km 243-03.JPG
    km 243-03.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 27
And my restored 1938 bSw with Ost See stock, with the e/H on the right. Unfortunately the stock is not original to the rifle, but a period same rifle was once...

Attachments

• bsw38-15.JPG
    bsw38-15.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 12
  • bsw38-24.JPG
    bsw38-24.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 13
To answer a question asked to me in PM's, the Naval number on the disc is NOT a serial, but merely a rack or inventory number/Accountability number. Like stock-taking more or less.

The British and COmmonwealth also adopted a similar rack numbering system for Lee Enfields etc when the rifles were stored in district armouries etc.

To answer a question asked to me in PM's, the Naval number on the disc is NOT a serial, but merely a rack or inventory number/Accountability number. Like stock-taking more or less.

The British and COmmonwealth also adopted a similar rack numbering system for Lee Enfields etc when the rifles were stored in district armouries etc.

Vulch:
Thanks for the info.
Bob

Military Rifle Journal
Back