Third Party Press

Geco SS 22 kaliber

simk

Hi all

i just get this rifle, its a kalber 22, marked ABTL. Waffenfabrik Berlin-Treptow.. all matching, but sadly it miss the safety on the bolt, but hope sometime i can find one, anyone know if thats the same as a "normal" k98??
I have not could find something about the SS stamp, can someone tell me about that?? and maybe the value of the rifle.
hope someone can help.

thanks Simon

Attachments

• image (74).jpeg
    image (74).jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 144
  • image (75).jpeg
    image (75).jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 108
  • image (76).jpeg
    image (76).jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 130
  • image (77).jpeg
    image (77).jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 103
  • image (78).jpeg
    image (78).jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image (79).jpeg
    image (79).jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 77
  • image (80).jpeg
    image (80).jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 71
geco dsm

what you have is a second series geco dsm34.. There are two distinct types of geco dsm34's and this is the later type.. at least two way to sell,, serial range with letter. and these have the high extractor and second type Geco logo on the receiver. This one is odd as it has a bayonett lug and H band like a k98 ??/
Highly suspect. As for the SS markings Id have to say they are fake.. Even though at first I kinda liked the stock markings and would give them a chance on their own. But, whoever did this couldnt leave that alone and stamped the butt plate. Those markings are horrible.. Also there is a guy in the u.s. here that makes repro dsm34 safeties. they are decent not perfect and they work.. I will post his info soon....
Also welcome to the forum as I see its you're first post.. :thumbsup:

Added: here is a photo of the only collector aproved ss marking on a dsm34.. These also show up in specific ranges from at least 4 different manufactuers.. mauser,menz, weiruagh,wafenstadt suhl. are the only ones that show up..

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Hello

Thank you for you answer, is sad if its fake, i know that the man i Got i from has it for Many years, but of course that dont change everything.. Does it have Any value??

Simon

Halløj

Hello

Thank you for you answer, is sad if its fake, i know that the man i Got i from has it for Many years, but of course that dont change everything.. Does it have Any value??

Simon

Det var en skam den var fake,så den godt inde nvf 4500kr så er den da godt betalt:googlie
Et godt råd,få lagt billeder ud herinde før man handler,dommen er hård men eksperterne herinde ved hvad de taler om

Last edited:
yes..

Hello

Simon

its in nice shape so I would say around 500.00 u.s.d.

SS Trainers

There are random SS presentation or property marked trainers that are or may be legit other than the circle RF/SS marked ones we can validate. And I should add that even that marking has been replicated and faked and requires very close scrutiny and correlation to production/sales period to validate it.

All of those can be suspect if no provenance is known.

All this appears to have been done long ago.

Having said that, I will just add that the only other DSM's I have observed closely that had the front configuration like this (2 in over 35 years) were blatant attempts to make the gun look more like a 98K. Sadly even one example which has been given creedence as possibly genuine I personally know to have been faked here in the U.S.

I can't rule it out as having been period done, but it is not a production gun, and therefore the SS markings are highly suspect.

If I saw it offered here in the U.S. I would walk or (run) away from it.

Over there, is perhaps more plausable that this was period done after production.

Sorry that's my honest opinion.

Wayne, do you think an enterprising individual just added a K98 bayonet lug and H band? I must admit that I found the marking on the stock interesting, until I saw the butt-plate.

joe, its been done before as Jim said... Without taking the thing apart there is know way to tell for sure how old the modification is.. Im glad im not the only one who gave those stock markings a chance.. It looked plausable.. Do you have any way to see if this gruppe marking is an actual gruppe?

Somebody did sometime

Wayne, do you think an enterprising individual just added a K98 bayonet lug and H band? I must admit that I found the marking on the stock interesting, until I saw the butt-plate.

I do not believe it left any assembly line that way.

Military Rifle Journal
Back