Third Party Press

Erma DSM 34 Questions

29aholic

After years without seeing one I finally traded for an Erma DSM 34 at Tulsa last weekend. SN #7422 (sadly the bolt SN does not match), no marks on the stock, missing the stacking rod and the sling buttons (?) in the stock.
I would like to complete the rifle with what it is missing, but I am having a hard time finding the pieces so if anyone knows a source I would greatly appreciate it.
The other thing is the end of the ejector seems to have been broken maybe. It will not eject an empty and on inspection it appears as if the ejector only protrudes just to the bolt face. I am assuming it should go somewhat past it to eject properly?
I probably have too much in the gun, but I have been wanting one ever since I sold my Geco 25 years or so ago.
TYIA for any help

you found the right place...

well, I have a spare stacking rod.. the sling button I might be able to help with as well.. send me a pm with you're email.. I also have an Erma made dsm34 and its not the easiest one to find.. Post some photos if you are able..

Saw it

That gun and a Green Heart were with same dealer. I think it was also tapped?

I too may be able to help out on the ejector box so let me know. Could not tell but noted the assembly was missaligned and expected either the screw was broker or buggered or from another gun of wrong variation made to fit.
May have just been missing the spring. I have a spare assembly.

That gun and a Green Heart were with same dealer. I think it was also tapped?

I too may be able to help out on the ejector box so let me know. Could not tell but noted the assembly was missaligned and expected either the screw was broker or buggered or from another gun of wrong variation made to fit.
May have just been missing the spring. I have a spare assembly.

Yeah it's tapped although I dont know why except maybe for a peep sight as there are no corresponding holes for a forward scope block. I thought about the Green Heart gun but dont know anything about them.

The spring is there but maybe weak. How would I tell if it is the wrong assembly?

DSM Production Estmates according to Jon Speed

Maker
Qu
(X 1000)
Mauser
JGA
BSW
Low?
ERMA
GECO
MENZ
SIMSON