Third Party Press

Here is one for your drooling pleasure

8x57mauser

Had this a while now, got it from my grandfather, who liberated it from a German soldier after he himself was liberated from a labor camp. He was captured December 3rd 1944 by the 11th Panzer Div. in the town of Sarre Union, France after his squad came under fire from 3 Panther tanks. After being interrogated, locked in a cellar, interrogated, locked in a cellar, and interrogated again, on Christmas Eve 1944 he arrived at Stalag IV-B. Several days later along with 70 other POWs he was loaded onto a train and was shipped to Libochovany in Czechoslovakia, this is where he spent the rest of the war breaking rocks and loading them into carts and trucks which was then crushed to use for railroad beds. When he was liberated he removed this pistol from one of the guards, who now found themselves as the POWs. Thats how it ended up here, over the years the holster was lost along with the spare mag.

DSCN8246.jpg DSCN8247.jpg DSCN8248.jpg DSCN8249.jpg DSCN8250.jpg DSCN8251.jpg DSCN8252.jpg DSCN8253.jpg DSCN8255.jpg DSCN8256.jpg DSCN8257.jpg DSCN8259.jpg

Last edited:
I certainly do, there is a Luger that came home with a few other things. I have the few other things but the Luger is missing, my grandfather is still searching for it so hopefully it will turn up

nice f/n with family history...treasure it !

Military Rifle Journal
Back