Third Party Press

Looking for a what my gun is worth

mauser7mm

Registered
I am in search for a good evaluation of my Mauser Rifle that has been handed down to me through family before me. I need to get a appraisal of what my gun is worth as it sits. I have not altered this gun in any way. I know for sure that it fires. I know its in good functioning condition Please take a look at the inlcuded link to my photobucket site to see the pictures of my gun and please give me the best detailed evaluation info you can. http://s172.beta.photobucket.com/user/bighorn_06/library/My 1915 Mauser 7mm From what I can see, All stampings into the guns parts appear to be matching numbers and symbols through out. I am looking to sell the gun but need to know what its worth so I do not low ball myself. I live in Michigan (U.S.) and dont know where I can take it to physically have a gun appraiser give me a value. I for sure dont trust local gun shops because I know they on purpose go low so they can set it higher to resell it and make a bigger profit. If there is also a legit website that appraises, please let me know of one. I see that there are many places on the internet but not too sure what is really a good one to go by. Also if you know of anyone that would like to buy it or a website I can sell it for what its worth, please direct me to a place that will pay its worth. Thanks for your time. God Bless

Your rifle appears to be a matching Gewehr 98 in 8x57 caliber. It is likely still in WWI configuration by having the original type rear sight intact. You can monitor an auction site (Gunbroker is a good one) for finalized prices on similar rifles in lieu of local gunshop appraisals. My wild guess without better pictures and information is $400-600 retail.

P.S. I reviewed your photos. It appears there is a diagonal "barracks bag" cut on the foreend which does detract from value.

Last edited:
Sir - i am in SE MI and would be happy to take a look at it.

Another option is to take some more pics and repost them here...you will get a fairly accurate value. Take the pictures outdoors in natural light. Trt to get some pics of stock markings.

Military Rifle Journal
Back