Third Party Press

BCD 4 follower question...

Lancer-86

Should it be numbered or marked in any way? Hard to find any pictures to go off of in the forums... Thanks guys...

Same as my GB response on this Lancer: blank milled, "L" marked subcontractor milled, subcontractor stamped, I believe "lxr" is the one I've seen on bcd 4s. Bruce or Mike would be best qualified to answer definitively.

All I have seen that were matching had the unserialed, milled (l) marked followers. I have seen one or two with lxr followers but they were not matching guns and hence could have been added post production.

mow.

Mow, could be replacements, but I've seen stamped lxr followers mixed in that were, IMHO, OEM ;)

Good to know. The ones I saw that were stamped could well have been OEM. Once I notice a rifle is not matching or has had "work" done I don't trust all is as it should be. Its good to know some did exist with the lxr followers.

mow.

My late phosphate bcd 4 has a phosphated follower with a 1 mark. Didn't take it apart but assume stamped.

Matching 7011x phosphate bcd 4 has a blued stamped "lxr" marked follower (no serial number)...

Took mine apart just now. The follower as I said is mark with only a (1) The follower like I said is phosphated but it is milled. Floor plate oddly appears to be in the white or phos and it and the TG (shich is blued) are qnw. Sight is phos and all appears to be script i marked with no SN and E13 or 18 marked. Barrel is AVK BP E13, Trigger is phos marked E18 and O. Sear is hardened and marked e. All the bolt parts are phos except the bolt handle which was swithced at some time with a mauser made one, Rest of the bolt matches the rifle and is phos, My unlce that brought it back, who died before I got it, put it in a sporter stock so no bands are left. My other uncle, his brother in law, said the stock had been smashed.
Seems like it follows the examples in Kreigsmodel .

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back