Third Party Press

CZ27, late-war

BerlinerLuebecker

Just picked this up at a local gun show today. Hope I did okay! Any idea when this would have been made? I like the serial number...
Also made a contact for another ridiculously awesome deal. Assuming it's still around to be picked up on Monday, I'll be posting that find in the Imperial forum.

Attachments

• IMG_5797.jpg
    IMG_5797.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5798.JPG
    IMG_5798.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5801.jpg
    IMG_5801.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5803.JPG
    IMG_5803.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 79
very nice and interesting

Good purchase!!!
Czech pistol in German service. Not common with this sign fnh on the side of receiver,
this pistol was made in 1944 app April for German police
Highest recorded SN with this sign on side is 305000!!!
Yours is Higher!!! Very interesting
Please would you like to send me close pics of all stamps?
I am in contact with very honest collector of pistols in Czech.
His Name is Jan Balcar.
He has written very nice book " Pistols in German service"
Maybe very important information for him
Congratulation!!!!!
Stan

Well, that just about blows my socks off! Are you sure? What makes it German police? I was looking into it and according to a database I found, it looked like this should have been high-polish blue and made in '43. I'll certainly take some close-ups and would love to have your information confirmed!

EDIT: Well, I found a police example here: http://www.p38guns.com/CZ27EKfnh.htm but I don't think that's what I have. My serial number is well beyond that range and, more importantly, I can't find the E/K marking. I'd love a second opinion on the finish, as it looked okay to me, but according to army serial numbers, it should be a high-polish blue.

Last edited:
http://www.streleckarevue.cz/katego...e-nemeckych-ozbrojenych-sil-1933-1945--2--dil

That is my source,
that is very good book about German pistols
Unfortunatelly it is only in Czech
There is written that there are two variants with fnh code on the side of pistol
SN from 265 000-472 000 range are withWaA76 stamp but!!! they are phosphatet not before SN 400000
Yours is 308000 and it is phosphated too, why I do not know
With stamp Eagle and swastika with K are for police, another for Wehrmacht
That is what I know
BR
Stan

Interesting... Do you know of another forum where some more Czech collectors would be able to weigh in? I'll likely post it over on the P38 forum too, maybe there are some CZ27 collectors over there too.

Interesting... Do you know of another forum where some more Czech collectors would be able to weigh in? I'll likely post it over on the P38 forum too, maybe there are some CZ27 collectors over there too.

Nice catch! By all means, post it on the P.38 forum. You might also wish to post it on Jan Still's site - http://luger.gunboards.com/forum.php. Experts on either will be able to tell you that your pistol is not Nazi Police issue.

Looks like a standard army issue CZ27 with little of the original matte (not high polish) finish remaining. As you and Danny have noted, police accepted weapons will have the E/K on the trigger guard (and before SN ~260000 Czech commercial proofs on the opposite side). Definitely not a phosphate finish on your gun IMO.

Jan Still's forum would be the choice IMO. Jan in CR, the individual in question, is a member there. I agree it is not likely a police gun as I see no police proof. It would not be a high polish in this serial but a dual tone, I am near sure. These are fine little pistols. The phosphate guns are really interesting and the early blue guns are very well made.

I have one of the middle serial range somewhere, with the blue and dull mixed finish.

Attachments

• hgmisc2010 124.jpg
    hgmisc2010 124.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 30
  • hgmisc2010 125.jpg
    hgmisc2010 125.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 29
  • hgmisc2010 159.jpg
    hgmisc2010 159.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 30
  • hgmisc2010 161.jpg
    hgmisc2010 161.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Thanks for the additional comments, guys! Guess I need to sign up over at the Luger forum, sounds like a good bet. Definitely not police issue, what with the missing E/K and the presence of a WaA76. RyanE, do you have a reference for what the matte finish looks like? Is mine pretty worn down or in decent shape?

I like the CZ27, and pretty much all of the Occupation produced pistols that were used by the German forces. Here is my CZ27, a fairly late one with the phosphate type finish. It does have a few blued parts too, apparently they were using up left over parts by this time. This pistol was probably made a month or 2 prior to the end of the war.

3807295098_0dfff1ace5_z.jpg
3806476621_842327414d_z.jpg

Here's mine made of parts left over and Czech markings, 1945. Hope you like it. I don't think it was ever fired.

Attachments

• CZ, Model 27, 1945.jpg
    CZ, Model 27, 1945.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 16
  • CZ, Model 27, 1945 (2).jpg
    CZ, Model 27, 1945 (2).jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 18

Military Rifle Journal
Back