Third Party Press

It pays to read the paper.

George R.

I justed wanted to post show the guys when you least expect it you will find it, although you may waste alot time when you do find it you find it. This is a scan of the garage sale ad. The stuff is out there it just takes time and luck with a strong desire to find it.
Nice state service flag 5x8 some repairs but no complaints from me.
matching G date bayo with super early frog copper rivets I think.
and a DOU 44
The really bad thing is that I usually do not collect US items and I was so wrapped up with this stuff I missed a 101st AB jump jacket the one with belt, some kid got it for 25.00. Oh the horror.

Attachments

• state journal.jpg
    state journal.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC00016.jpg
    DSC00016.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00018.JPG
    DSC00018.JPG
    291.9 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 71
I tried to get that jacket, offered what I had left, I think he had a idea what it was, not the real value of it though. I gave him my number I tried. Probably show up on eban or one of the big collectors in our area. I see more and more pickers each time.

George, if that M.42 was patched up, original, named, decent shape, it would probably fetch as much as all of the stuff you picked up a number of times over. Sorry to say that, but you did do good anyway.

It was patched with a T5 rank, I am pretty sure it was the early pattern I thought it had the belt straps, 4 big pockets. I know they worth alot 2-3k a few years ago, BoB made them really famous. I cannot grab everything. GR

Indeed George, you did good with the stuff you got. I just cringe at the thought of you not getting it, and some kid that is going to put it on epay.....

"and some kid that is going to put it on epay..... "
- Or the kid is going to use it as a carnival outfit....

P

I know, I so was so worked up when the guy went to get the rifle I never even thought about looking in that US stuff, I would have gave it a beautiful loving and nuturing home, right next to the panzer wrapper full of cedar packets. I feel really bad I missed it, I must be getting old. We will find out shortly I am sure or one of the dealers will be listing shortly at least that way it will be saved, there is always the possiblity that he is a beginning collector and this is his great score, I would like to think the latter.

very lucky find there George. its killing me actually !

my ONLY pick has been a 155/43 stamped SS belt buckle, looks unissued. along with it i got a "Der Shulunsgbreif" magazine from 1942.

i hand out business cards to customers and hang them at places tack boards.. "cash paid for military items, blah blah blah" and so far the small lot i mention above is the only find i have ever made..

ive got a state service flag like you got, but when i received it, i was a little unhappy... its "unfinished" and doesnt have the white strip on the side with the hangers / ink stampings... damnit... so i still need to find one thats complete.

BTF350, I do get lucky on some of this stuff, I really look for it though. I ask everybody cards at the gunshops I have friendships with a couple of the guys, I take over 30-30's and other guns ( except pre 64 Wins ) that I get at sales or estate sales they buy them, they get nazi weapons they call me, I get them reasonable. Yes there are pickers in the area I dont get it all.

The stuff is still there, not a prevelant as it once was. If your still looking for a vet bb state service flag let me know, its not perfect but real, still setting there last I knew.

I was in the process of getting some of it, rain rain rain tornado's flooding again. That DOU might just be available for trade TA, looking for a artillery luger.

its dufflecut, nicely done but some people hate them, I do not mind that all. I'll get some pics when i get back from fishing.

Sorry George, it was my jealousy speaking. :biggrin1: I am very happy you were able to find this stuff, and hope you find lots more! :happy0180: :

Sorry George, it was my jealousy speaking. :biggrin1: I am very happy you were able to find this stuff, and hope you find lots more! :happy0180: :

No problem Col.Klink I spent alot time this year looking for stuff my hrs were cut back to 32 per week for along time so me and the hawg had time to search for it more than normal, If you really want abuse I'll post a pic of all finds so far this year only, then you would hate me.

Military Rifle Journal
Back