Third Party Press

DSM34/ right place?

iron bender

750 Press Operator
Is this where we talk dsm34 stuff? Or would that be contract? Anyhow, for some reason I found it a good idea to completely strip two of my dsm's. One early mo, and an erma. Talk about unfamiliar markings. Here are the receiver and barrel marks on the mo. Any clue what Ch51 with a butterfly? is? The erma has one barrel marking, a tiny "0". Stocks not even #'d.

Attachments

• dsm34 bc 002.jpg
    dsm34 bc 002.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 66
  • dsm34 bc 003.JPG
    dsm34 bc 003.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Dsm/kkw

Sure as long as they are related to the K98k, put them here - DSM, KKW series.

The chXX markings show up on the barrels of Banner Mausers too, most likely an in house proof mark.

dsm's

well, it's a great subject..A seperate trainer forum here would be nice as well..hint-hint. Yes the c.h.51
marking apears on alot if not almost all commercial mauser barrels. Along with the intertwined 'rw' that
is probably what you are refering to .. Then there are all the little stamps associated with the bottom
of the receiver. I'm talking to others I almost feel dsm-34 receivers and most of the parts for that matter
were made by one central supplier. As almost no variations exisit..Even in some of the most rare and
obscure makers of these rifles.. I feel assembly was done at the individual plants. For example why would simson/bsw make their own w625 then sprinkle in just a thousand or so dsm-34's ? The major parts dont interchange and why tool up to make just a few.. Or just order what you need lets say from Mauser the receiver's sear's trigger's ect.. And assemble the 'german' sports modell. As this was to be the 'standard' rifle for training. W625's were made into 39 and the dsm's were made for a short time early on.. "just food for thought"

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back