Third Party Press

Holy crap!

In its defense it is one hell of an exceptional rifle. But someone wanted it REAL bad to get that price out of it. The 42' year is a tough grab but not worth that kind of coin. I sold a beauty of a ce42 "canted variation code/year" last year for 1/3 that price. And it had a triple marked sling. Auctions are never cut in stone. If I had top resources, I may have bought it too. Hard to upgrade that one.

mow.

Jeez, that's just insane. People are so damn impatient to spend that much on that type of rifle.

K98's

HE'S doing so well selling I should send him my rifles to sell.. He could call himself "Chas the dog". I
just bought a bcd-42 off the g.b. trader missing a few non-vital parts in the same condition 'finish wise"
for 400.00$ shipped.. So I think I did ok...My k98 collection is basicly done so I need not worry about
the madness. It's the 22 trainers that have me hooked now...:facepalm:

I think this is the most expensive non-sniper K98 that I have ever seen.... http://v2.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=168837963

FWIW...
Don't forget the 20K on the SWJ xe.

I also have record of a....
** 4K K98 selling June 2009 in the teeth of the economic downturn, and a 4.3K resin stocked 243 1940 off AA in 2003.

MAUSER - K98k 1940 42 Code -- WWII LUFTWAFFE!! All Matching, Non-Import, C&R OK

Category: Firearms : Curios & Relics - Rifle - Item# 9148832

Winner:

k*****u
Current Price:

$4,020.00

Quantity:

1 lot

Auction Type:

NRA Grade:

History:

60 Bid(s)($0.01 starting bid)

Seller:

Location (State):

OR

Auction Start:

05/24/2009 at 17:30:02

Auction Close:

06/07/2009 at 17:09:00

Last edited:
I agree, "Chas the dog" has a new job selling 98k's. Mauser99, your experience proves it to a point, but if you can get 2 people that want it no matter what.....

98's

yes, that's always an extra demension to an auction..I've learned to 'just say no' as Nacy Reagan
taught me in the 80's I've only maybe paid a premium twice on line. I do fairly well considering.
The amount of rifle's I've bought recently. I also up-grade and sell off my lesser stuff. I know I can't
keep em all !!!! I guess if I wanted just one all orig. k98 I would'nt mind paying a high price to get
what I want.. But, I think this one went a little steep...

Military Rifle Journal
Back