Third Party Press

Mas 36 with German SU40 marking

Franchi

Anyone else think this SU40 might be bogus? Shouldn't it be Su40, if there are Mas 36 rifles with a "Su" rework mark.
David

K9909.jpg

Attachments

• K9909.jpg
    K9909.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 27
I agree, the marking is Su, not SU. Someone made an error? It doesn't quite look like any other real Su proof I have seen either. There are better looking fake Su stamps around, I have seen them on faked up guns.

Last edited:
yup i originally bought it, then had second thoughts and passed. Actually i just asked Kroh to wait a day to ship, he was his usual pleasant self (sarcasm).

its fake, look at the wings and the eagles feet, and look at the general thickness of the lines.

I have heard reports of several French rifles marked with the Su40 depot acceptance including this K block MAS36, thought I had not seen actually one until this one popped up. From the pics, I think it is probably safe to conclude that they are all bogus.

This was the only depot marked MAS36 that I'd heard of. Anybody seen/own another?

I would think it's possible to find some French guns with German depot markings, other than the Kru1 R35 Carbines.

IMHO, it's that silly Numrich fake stamp with the "SU 40" knocked under it with different dies. Vandalism.

I wonder if he guarantees the authenticity of markings as he does with the bnz single rune Soviet capture rifles he was selling awhile back?

Pat

I wonder if he guarantees the authenticity of markings as he does with the bnz single rune Soviet capture rifles he was selling awhile back?

Pat

Pat, from my own dealings with Empire Arms, he stands behind what he sells, which is why he is successful. Love him or leave him, I wish other dealers had his attitude towards that. I have seen him offer to buy back any RC rifle he has sold in the past at above what he sold them for!

I have to say that Beutewaffen are a potential minefield for collectors that know what they are doing, even more so for people that don't collect them. This also goes for reworked K98k rifles.

Sadly we are seeing more fakery of BW. What Farb said re Kroh. He's a crankasaur, but he stands behind his stuff.

Sadly we are seeing more fakery of BW. What Farb said re Kroh. He's a crankasaur, but he stands behind his stuff.

He may stand behind his stuff but to me there's something wrong about being told that several people have identified the marking as fake, then not even missing a beat in selling it to the next unsuspecting person who comes along. I would think that would at least merit some investigation, but he seems to know everything. So I think rather its more a game of : I say it's real because I'm an expert, but if you think it's fake you can return it and ill just immediately sell it to the next person.

!!!

its called pass the turd till someone finally gets stuck with it ! Where do you think they all go ? Some turd depository where they are all destroyed ? That should be the case but sadly it isnt..

The knowing turd monger is a fraud and huckster and more culpable than his victim in the game of toss the brown trout. However, he who buys without understanding, researching, buying good reference material, googling, etc., the militant moron accumulator, is not worthy of tremendous sympathy.

I searched through my saved pictures and found a picture of the same rifle from awhile ago (didn't remember having it), it gives a perspective of the size of the fake marking. Unfortunately I don't remember where I got the picture.

David

76210197.jpg

Thanks David. That thing is terrible. Looks like that steamer has been passed about.

Thanks All. I've never had a problem with the few rifles I've bought from EA, but wondered how he treated items that are dubious.

Wow, that marking even looks bad to me, and I consider myself a rank amateur...

Pat

Military Rifle Journal
Back