Third Party Press

OK guys; guess

I know! But only because I am a big fan of a certain website that catalogs a lot of these odd forgotten weapons...:)

Its German marked so I assume it is in 8mm?

I think I know...definitely not German. It is Czech, and pre-war, but not by much... I mean, if I'm right. Is it a CZ-38? :thumbsup:

KJ

Guess

I think I know...definitely not German. It is Czech, and pre-war, but not by much... I mean, if I'm right. Is it a CZ-38? :thumbsup:

KJ

Correct! Good job. The rifle and it's owner spent a few days at my house recently and he allowed a few pictures. More rare guns to come! JH

Czech rifle vz.38

Yes, it is prototype of Czech selfloading rifle vz.38
Never has been in military service,
but had been succesfull in tests for Czech army.
Germany occupation stopped work on this prototype.
Very rare rifle
Stan from Czech

????

looking @ this example it seems to be 37 dated and bears a waffenampt That I cant make out ? I reading the sturmgewhre book right now and it meantions in there that the germans looked into some czech designs for self loading and select fire weapons as options.

Guess

looking @ this example it seems to be 37 dated and bears a waffenampt That I cant make out ? I reading the sturmgewhre book right now and it meantions in there that the germans looked into some czech designs for self loading and select fire weapons as options.

The Waa is 359. Correct on date of 37'. I believe the proper model number is supposed to be: (C)Z-37.JH

The receiver is Czech. marked and it looks like a ZH-29 receiver. :behindsofa:

I was watching the vid on the zh-29.....i dont know why, but i think the feature where the bolt closes by pulling the trigger is the coolest thing i've ever seen :hail:

Am I just getting paranoid? Should this rifle have a WaA359? I would think an HZa would be more correct? I wouldn't think it would have a WaA as it isn't German issued. I don't think the Germans would acceptance marked it.

David

Military Rifle Journal
Back