Third Party Press

Oh yeah...my "new" K43!!!

Kammerjaeger

I just brought home my first K43!!! Thanks to members of the senior staff here who helped me validate that all was good on the rifle. What we have here is a Walther ac45 a-block with a G43 marked receiver. It has a scope rail, single bolt guide rail, matching serials and appropriate phosphated parts. Bore is excellent. The only thing incorrect is the sling, but I knew that going in. :thumbsup:

Here are some pictures:

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

KJ

Verrrry nice, congrats! A single rail with no bolt hold open latch, cool! Is there a E359 on the left side of the stock? Looks like a WaaC10 on the keel but it's a bit fuzzy. Really good to see some G/K43's come out of the woodwork these days!:thumbsup:

Bolt looks like the dual rail later type that has the extractor location rotated higher, neat piece! Does the stock have the two marking lines for field stripping the later type bolt carriers? See photo attached...

Attachments

• DSC_0155.jpg
    DSC_0155.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 51
Bolt looks like the dual rail later type that has the extractor location rotated higher, neat piece! Does the stock have the two marking lines for field stripping the later type bolt carriers? See photo attached...

Correction - yes it does, on both sides.

KJ

Last edited:
Is there any kind of preservative that is recommended for the stock? It is very dry. Obviously, I would not want diminish the value of the rifle in any way. So, if leaving the stock alone it the right answer, then so be it.

KJ

That's a loaded question as far as stocks go... Some use a bit of Howard's sparingly. Some use a little Ballistol because it does not tend to darken the wood. I tend to leave them alone to be honest, especially blonde stocks that have not been stained or darkened. I doubt the one in my photo (QVE45) has ever had anything put on it and it is doing just fine the way it is... Others I'm sure will chime in.

Attachments

• DSC_0376.jpg
    DSC_0376.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 39
It made it 70 years in probably a much worse environmental condition than it will be in now, just leave it as is.

Is there any kind of preservative that is recommended for the stock? It is very dry. Obviously, I would not want diminish the value of the rifle in any way. So, if leaving the stock alone it the right answer, then so be it.

KJ

That's a loaded question as far as stocks go... Some use a bit of Howard's sparingly. Some use a little Ballistol because it does not tend to darken the wood. I tend to leave them alone to be honest, especially blonde stocks that have not been stained or darkened. I doubt the one in my photo (QVE45) has ever had anything put on it and it is doing just fine the way it is... Others I'm sure will chime in.

Howard's fax & feed is the only product I would apply. Nice find!!!

Howard's fax & feed is the only product I would apply. Nice find!!!

+1

Nice Rifle I have one very close to yours a B block AC45
DSCN0806.jpg

DSCN0813.jpg

DSCN0832.jpg

DSCN0840.jpg

M.

Very nice KJ! On that stock I'd do nothing. About the only other thing would be Howards if you had to do something, a light wipe with a white towel to remove dirt from the grain and seal it lightly with the wax content in it. Used properly you won't be able to tell it's been touched, other than the removal of postwar dust and grime. It's best to err on the side of do nothing if a piece in nice honest shape. Congrats.

Since we are on the topic of "b" block AC45's

Here's one I sold a couple of years back, dual rail.

Attachments

• DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0128_2.jpg
    DSC_0128_2.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 26
Nice acquisition KJ. Nice pieces like that do not come along too often anymore. I can tell its just the start of your G43 collecting "bug". Thanks for sharing.

Nice acquisition KJ. Nice pieces like that do not come along too often anymore. I can tell its just the start of your G43 collecting "bug". Thanks for sharing.

Yes, you are quite correct, unfortunately they do not come along very often any more. Fortunately this particular rifle had been in a collection for decades by people who appreciated what it represented. In addition, it helps to establish good friendly relationships with knowledgable collectors based on mutual respect. Since I have done that, doors have been opened, literally and figuratively.

KJ

Military Rifle Journal
Back