Third Party Press

Fake dual code

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_i...=9379&osCsid=6c4309e6201eb540a9c68183540261e7

Saw this discussed on ww2weaponsforum.com and wanted to bring it over here- this is an example of a completely remarked rifle. Even the code is fake, along with all of the serials and firing proof. There is some "artist" out there that makes rare 98k's and sells them. If a well known dealer can be fooled, buyer beware!

attachment.php

Attachments

• fakedualcode.jpg
    fakedualcode.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 134
I've seen junior collectors get burned by these remarked guns- you just can't believe someone would do it. I think you bought a duv40 that was faked up and sent it back, didn't you Hambone? I ended up with it from a guy that wanted to sell it, so I jacked it up with some Nur Fur Platz Patrone markings to keep people safe (the thing was dangerously thin)

The stampings are obvious enough for a seasoned collector but youre right about new collectors. They would not be so savy. Good to bring it to light here though so it can be seen. Here is a photo or four of my no import bcd/bnz 4 for comparison. No final proofs on the receiver, rough hand stampings rather than rolled or pressed in. The faker did his or her homework for sure. But that serial numbers font just doesnt jive either. And on mine the proof eagle on the barrel was well worn as opposed to the rifle in question. Also to my knowledge the dual codes fell into a certain suffix range. My bolt also has the crude, hand stamp and suffix on it. My rifle is only mismatched by the front band and the wood so there is a good amount of original info to be gained. The original rear band is a milled/early style rear band WITH a hole drilled in the side for a kriegsmodel setup. Serial number on the band is on top of the sling loop area.
I have seen that rifle for sale on that site for quite some time now. It was always a tough call. For me it was the bcd stamping, the stock lug and to me anyway, the top of the bolt looks unmistakeable as a RC bolt body that had metal work to remove the electro pencil markings. I may be colorblind but according to my eye doctor my lack of that improves my visions contrast. And to me that bolt is just wrong.
Noticed also my floorplate has the serial number and byf on it. The floorplate on the rifle in question looks scrubbed to me, let alone not having the serial number.

mow.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 004.jpg