Third Party Press

What are some reputable dealers to buy from?

Jager01

Gentlemen,

I am new to the forum and collecting German WW2 military (except for post war Iron Crosses from the family). I really want to focus on Gebirgsjager and Jager divisional items and I was wondering if you guys could recommend any dealers to star purchasing from. Also, if you would also recommend any books dealing with the Jager Divisions I would greatly appreciate it. I will post something as soon as I get it! Thank you and God bless.

Stuff

Well, first off welcome. And as far as dealers there are good and bad. I to use to collect gebirgsjager items. Not on a huge scale but none the less. Jager,skijager,gebirgsjager are very popular and very soughtafter stuff.. I say start small. Buy small items patches pins ect. Then move up to larger items. Dealer sites can be overpriced but, you pay a little premium for shop from you;re couch conveniance. One member here named Gerard I have come to know is a stand up guy and very knowledgeable in cloth itmes. He goes by the name relichunter. There are others as well. I have also found the e-stand on WAF is a good plave to find stuff. But, you need to be you're own keeper in this. You need to build knowledge and study items to know good from bad. Trusting the wrong person could mean you end up with a collectio of over priced fakes. My 1st rule of them would be if you just want an item just because and you cant tell a repro from a real one buy the repro and enjoy it for what is and save you;re money. Its scary out there... As far as books there are a few decent uniform and eguipment books out there. There are no silver bullet books out there though. Hands on and time in the trenches and the help of other collectors is the only way to come through un-scaved in this hobby...

Last edited:
This forum

Sir,

Thank you for the reply, luckily, I live close to the SOS shot in Louisville KY and will be attending, I hope to pick up some items there. I hope to convince Weitze to bring some of his items to look at in person. Is there a section here where members can sell items? I imagine there are some choice examples in private hands here! Thank you for the advice on WAF, I will check it out. God bless!

Military Rifle Journal
Back