Third Party Press

G.24(t) with a K98k bolt?

Pat

Staff member
Ever seen one with a K98k bolt that was all matching to itself? I know the G.24(t) used a straight bolt, but does it make sense that some might be encountered with K98k bolts?
Thanks,
Pat

Thanks Mrfarb-
I guess what I'm getting at is would this sound possible for a bring back rifle, in the same way a bolt-only m/m K98k would have the bolt of another rifle in it?
Thanks,
Pat

I guess what I'm getting at is would this sound possible for a bring back rifle, in the same way a bolt-only m/m K98k would have the bolt of another rifle in it?
Thanks,
Pat

Absolutely. GIs did not discriminate when mixing up bolts.

Roger that, thanks.
I found and bought one today as described. I was cautious that it had a K98k bolt, but the bolt itself has the same wear and peppering as the rest of the rifle. I'm familiar with the reported circumstances of bolt mix-ups, so my apprehension didn't last long. That, and the low asking price and the included, maker marked wartime sling made it an easy choice.

I'll post pics when I get it cleaned up.
Thanks for the information, gentlemen-
Pat

Ever seen one with a K98k bolt that was all matching to itself? I know the G.24(t) used a straight bolt, but does it make sense that some might be encountered with K98k bolts?
Thanks,
Pat

Pat,
I've got a byf 43 all matching but the bolt, which is a blued Vz.24 modified bolt, if you care to do a swap. What kind of bolt? PM me.
Regards,
HB

I have a VZ24 just the same way. My VZ has German features like numbered bands and handgun rd and floor plate but the bolt is a all correct K98 bolt that only matches itself. Guess that is what was picked up to bring back. Both are Exc+.

I have a VZ24 just the same way. My VZ has German features like numbered bands and handgun rd and floor plate but the bolt is a all correct K98 bolt that only matches itself. Guess that is what was picked up to bring back. Both are Exc+.

wouldnt be the 1st 24t ive seen with numbered parts.. it was disscussed at length here.. Please post it. Id love to see it and compare it with other examples.

K, at a conference but will be back tomorrow. Typical German mods like plugged wrist swivel hole and stock hole added. Stock, hand guard, front band, TG and floor plate and follower all numbered with either whole or last two of receiver number. Bore is perfect. Great rifle.

Military Rifle Journal
Back