Third Party Press

Draeger gas masks

S/42

Thunda from down unda
Are ALL the Draeger embossed lid gas mask canisters (and contents) purely civilian? The canister is ovate, not uniformly circular like usual Wehrmacht canisters I have seen.

I picked it up, CHEAPLY. Really nice patina etc, in the green paint. Ink stamped EXTERNALLY on the lid under the embossed Draeger name and logo. Filters inside the lid are 1936 dated.I have not, and likely will not, remove the gas mask as yet. All external straps intact.

Appreciate the help, as I know nothing on these. Don't care if it is purely civilian/industrial or not - in fact, more inclined to keep it if civilian.

Thanks.

Ok, took out the maks - it's a Luftschutz mask. BEAUTIFULLY marked paper band on the filter can. All PERFECT condition except the outer celluloid lens have warped and popped out at the top, plus yellowed naturally. 1937 dated inner celluloid. Filters 36 dated. Ink stamp on the lid says Luftschutz too after I removed some dust.

Bottom of can has original blue "Die S-Maske" instruction booklet (PERFECT condition) and a layer of linen on the bottom of the can.

I ike it - a LOT. Fits my collecting time-frame impeccably to.

Military Rifle Journal
Back