Third Party Press

Can you spot any G98/40's?

jhv 41

I found this video of the May 6, 1945 surrender of a Luftwaffe Wing in Amfing Germany. At around the 40 second point in the video, there are some good closeups of a large pile of turned in weapons (easy to spot many k98's) but do any of you eagle eyed forum members see any g98/40's in there or anything else??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_3bPSgyVmg

Pile

saw a french berthier.. the long version I think ? it went by kinda quick. Neat footage. there was another rifle with an exposed magazine but coulldnt tell what it was..

saw a french berthier.. the long version I think ? it went by kinda quick. Neat footage. there was another rifle with an exposed magazine but coulldnt tell what it was..

I also saw that exposed magazine rifle but didn;t know what it was. Wonder how a French rifle made its way to a Luftwaffe base in southeast Germany?? Ampfing is pretty darn near as far away from France as you could get (basically Bavaria).......

I also saw that exposed magazine rifle but didn;t know what it was. Wonder how a French rifle made its way to a Luftwaffe base in southeast Germany?? Ampfing is pretty darn near as far away from France as you could get (basically Bavaria).......

They could be (and were) re-deployed anywhere there were German troops.

For as many times as I've seen footage like this, I'm always struck by how orderly the whole affair seems to be. Military discipline is clearly maintained. The American and German troops there sure didn't seem to have a problem loosening up around each other.
Pat

Military Rifle Journal
Back